Talk

Advanced search

David Cameron wants to kill foxes

(87 Posts)
myusernameisusername Sun 10-May-15 00:42:10

So angry about this angry they were here before houses and communities were. Please sign the petition
http://Stop Cameron

Hakluyt Sun 10-May-15 00:45:18

Killing foxes is fine when necessary. Dressing up and doing it for fun- not so much.

justonemoretime2p Sun 10-May-15 00:46:35

He also wants to eat your children.

thecatneuterer Sun 10-May-15 00:47:33

I know. The bastard.

Signed.

And in most of their other policies I actually support the Tories, but I can't get past this.

myusernameisusername Sun 10-May-15 00:49:15

Really ? you think killing innocent animals for sport is funny ? hmm

thecatneuterer Sun 10-May-15 00:50:11

justonemore I'm not sure why you're taking the piss. Cameron confirmed it on Newnight. Report here; metro.co.uk/2015/05/09/the-tories-are-bringing-back-fox-hunting-because-of-course-they-are-5189187/

kinkytoes Sun 10-May-15 00:53:41

It's really important that we lobby our MPs about this subject. It'll be a free vote in parliament. Many Tory MPs are opposed to a repeal of the hunting ban. Let's get moving on this!

justonemoretime2p Sun 10-May-15 00:59:15

David Cameron will ask for a vote on fox hunting.
He isn't skipping down country lanes clubbing foxes and laughing. Asking for people to vote on a subject is completely different to "David Cameron wants to kill foxes"
By the way I am completely against fox hunting.

myusernameisusername Sun 10-May-15 01:00:05

Well im glad everyone else is behind me grin apart from the evident fox hunter up there hmm

Charis1 Sun 10-May-15 01:04:58

animal lover here, ( fox lover too)

foxes could become a serious danger at some stage. The population has risen exponentially, their behaviour has also changed, the population is now dependant on human rubbish for maintaining itself at this unnaturally high level

If rabies ever got into the uk fox population this would be a very serious situation indeed.

I'm not actually a fan of fox hunting, but having come from a rural background, a hunt going through a village once could protect our chickens for a month or more.

There isn't a clear cut answer on this one.

Sparklingbrook Sun 10-May-15 01:07:08

I didn't even know he could ride a horse.

MollyAir Sun 10-May-15 01:11:43

Cameron, hunting, horses, Rebekah Brooks. There's a whole story there, Sparkling.

Fluffyears Sun 10-May-15 01:14:49

Humanely controlling numbers is one thing but chasing a single petrified creature until it is exhausted then throwing it to a pack of dogs to tear apart is barbaric cruelty!

Sparklingbrook Sun 10-May-15 01:16:00

Well I never.

sweetkitty Sun 10-May-15 01:17:41

Everything fluffyears has said

Tiptops Sun 10-May-15 01:20:18

Charis surely the answer to your concerns would be to humanely cull foxes, not change the law that protecting them from being mauled to death?

OP, will sign petition. Really hope the law doesn't change.

Tiptops Sun 10-May-15 01:20:49

that is

Charis1 Sun 10-May-15 01:23:50

fluffyyears, it is , yes. i'm not in favour of fox hunting, but I have some sympathy with those who are.

Shooting a fox does not prevent another fox eating your chickens. A hunt going past your chicken house certainly does, for many weeks or months.

I prefer them not to actaully catch a fox, but if they never caught any fox, the foxes wouldn't be scared off by them. They are not stupid.

tabulahrasa Sun 10-May-15 01:23:54

justonemoretime2p - given that he has previously ridden with a hunt... I think it's pretty safe to assume he might want to kill foxes.

Sparklingbrook Sun 10-May-15 01:27:11

Unless it's one of those hunts that doesn't hunt foxes....

tabulahrasa Sun 10-May-15 01:31:54

Well it was before the ban and they were convicted of illegally hunting foxes after the ban, so I'm fairly confident he was in fact hunting foxes with them...

MyFeatheryHat Sun 10-May-15 01:55:49

The hunting ban was nothing more than a vote winner, bought about to drum up support for the Conservative party (my iPhone capitalised that all by itself- my mind is now completely blown by technology grin)

In the big scheme of things, the parliamentary time taken to pass the Act could have been used so much more wisely, to deal with issues that really matter.

Like it or not, fox hunting is a British tradition. The ban has not stopped similar numbers of foxes being killed, it's just carried out in a different manner (with very little chance of escape)

Quite frankly there are far bigger issues in the world you could all be signing petitions and getting your knickers in a twist over hmm

Jobless123 Sun 10-May-15 02:17:49

I don't have a problem with fox hunting personally.

Not something I'm interested in doing, but I think just as foxes are animals that hunt, they too can be hunted.

CindyEcstacy Sun 10-May-15 02:19:15

Is he a good shot?

We're overrun here (kent)

JoanHickson Sun 10-May-15 02:28:20

I don't think he wait shot them. It sounds like he wants to dress up with his mates to hunt a fox then feed it to the dogs.

just like he and his mates in the press hunt the vulnerable in society and feed them to the dogs rabid Tory supporters

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now