Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"Rape Guru" coming to Britain. Potential trigger. Sign petition please!

(112 Posts)
oneofthosenicemuslims2015 Fri 14-Nov-14 08:36:55

Petition here:
https://www.change.org/p/uk-home-office-deny-julien-blanc-a-uk-visa

[Edited by Mumsnet - a previous link was originally provided but changed at the OP's request]

oneofthosenicemuslims2015 Fri 14-Nov-14 08:38:34

Ok as this is AIBU, the question is AIBU to not want this moron in the country? !
Come on MN let's go!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 14-Nov-14 08:50:08

Hi Snug. I've signed it. I just typed in petition against rape guru entering the country.
Surely they can't and wont let him in here.

HenriettaTurkey Fri 14-Nov-14 08:54:59

What's a rape guru?

kentishgirl Fri 14-Nov-14 08:58:31

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/To_Theresa_May_Home_Secretary_UK_Shut_down_the_Rape_Guru/?bMyyjib&v=48455

See if I can get link to work.

It's the petition against Julien Blanc coming to UK.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 14-Nov-14 09:01:01

This petition has over 100,000 signatures, and is by a site you may actually have heard of:
https://www.change.org/p/uk-home-office-deny-julien-blanc-a-uk-visa

HenriettaTurkey Fri 14-Nov-14 09:01:53

Have just clicked - wow what an awful man!

Here's some text from the page for those in the dark, like me:

Why this is important to me
In Japan he told his students, “Dude, just grab her.” In some seminars he teaches men how to choke women. In another class caught on video he told men they need to “short circuit the emotional and logical mind” of women -- to get them into bed against their consent. He’s an evangelist of rape culture, and he’s coming to the UK in a week -- unless we shut him down.

A self-described American “pick up artist,” Julien Blanc earns thousands for his sick classes, and in a week he’s scheduled to teach a sold out “boot camp” in London. But Julien is running into a PR problem: campaigns in Australia, Canada, Japan and Brazil have just taken off, asking governments to keep him out -- and Australia revoked his visa this week! Now a new petition in the UK is taking off, calling on the Home Office to deny him a visa. It’s the perfect moment to jump on board and put him and his sexist snake oil operation out of business for good.

To allow this man into the UK sends a message that women are objects to be manipulated and preyed on, and it legitimises sexual assault. Not on our watch. Sign now, share with everybody you know, and let’s add the UK to the list of proud countries standing up for the rights of women.

Signed.

kentishgirl Fri 14-Nov-14 09:02:54

Actually i f you want to sign something, it's better to go to Change.org and sign one of the petitions there. Those petitions go to House of Commons once enough have signed.

HenriettaTurkey Fri 14-Nov-14 09:05:33

Signed that too!

BeyondTheLimits Fri 14-Nov-14 09:05:40

There was a lovely picture of him and RB on the webchat thread, apparently RB refused to answer questions about it.

Signed

kentishgirl Fri 14-Nov-14 09:07:50

www.realsocialdynamics.com/shop.asp?Group=1&Referer=true

Here is a list of the London dates. No venue details. The company name is Real Social Dynamics. Anyone heard where they are booked into?

oneofthosenicemuslims2015 Fri 14-Nov-14 09:08:28

Ok whatever one works best, shall I ask MN to change the OP (how do I do that)
Just saw the email this morning and had to get it out there asap

Primrose123 Fri 14-Nov-14 09:08:40

I've just signed it. Hope the petition works.

Comito Fri 14-Nov-14 09:11:13

This is a good piece from Hadley Freeman on the PUA tossers. I especially like this bit:

A woman recently posted a conversation she had with Julien Blanc on Tinder, in which he begged her repeatedly for sex:

“I promise I’m normal.”
smile
“Please respond.”
“You should be happy I’m acknowledging your existence you whore … Grow a pear [sic] pffft.”
“Please ignore that smile.”
“I’m sorry, I’m just very desperate.”
“Why won’t you sleep with me?”
“Is there something wrong with me?”

And, just like that, he answered his own question.

oneofthosenicemuslims2015 Fri 14-Nov-14 09:12:02

I can't believe he's "sold out" here angry

ilovemonstersinc Fri 14-Nov-14 09:12:08

Signed.

YouAreMyRain Fri 14-Nov-14 09:14:55

Signed the change one

Longdistance Fri 14-Nov-14 09:25:03

I signed the change.org one. It appeared on my fb feed. I would like other people to sign, but I deleted it, as it has a picture of his cuntface ugly mug, and it just gives me the rage angry

BirdhouseInYourSoul Fri 14-Nov-14 09:39:02

There is actually a petition in support of him!

I think it's madness that he would be allowed to incite hate and violence against women. I he were spouting crap about how to talk a person around to your terrorist cause that would be stopped but apparently since he's only telling men how to sexually assault women that's ok...

oneofthosenicemuslims2015 Fri 14-Nov-14 09:41:06

Have asked for my OP to ne edited with the change link - whatever works to stop this person.
angry at the quote from him on the change.org page
Seriously needs locking up for inciting violence!

WooWooOwl Fri 14-Nov-14 09:44:36

The man is clearly awful, but it don't think he should be barred from the UK. He hasn't been convicted of a crime, and even people with a criminal record don't get barred for entering the UK indefinitely. There must be plenty of dubious people coming into this country that have done and said worse, but we don't know about them because they don't seek publicity.

Can't they just refuse to allow him to work so he can't do anything to promote the drivel he is talking?

Aeroflotgirl Fri 14-Nov-14 09:45:00

I have signed it, I hope the government see sense. If he does come to the UK, all the men's minds he has influenced, it's worrying. This a public safety issue, he is a threat!

zippyandbungle Fri 14-Nov-14 09:49:03

I've signed.

Aeroflotgirl Fri 14-Nov-14 09:51:23

I think most women woukd give men using these techniques shirt shrift. After all any an who finds it ok to insult and manipulate women, are either abusers or potential abusers.

feebeecat Fri 14-Nov-14 09:51:44

Unbelievable.
Signed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now