Advanced search

Allow transfer of unused tax allowance to spouse/partner.

(2 Posts)
Alwijo Tue 16-Apr-13 17:45:06

Please go to Government website and sign this petition.
The proposal to allow a transfer of £750 of unused tax allowance to one's spouse does not go far enough. The Government should allow the transfer of ALL unused tax allowance. This would allow a mother or father, if they wished, to remain at home to look after their children whilst giving a much needed boost to family finances and would remove the necessity to pay, and perhaps claim for, child minding costs. This would also have great socio-economic benefit to the community. Pensioners would also benefit greatly, if ,say, one spouse's income was above their tax allowance and they therefore paid tax on the balance but their partner's allowance was more than their income and so part of it was effectively wasted.
The economy would also be boosted by giving people more expendable income and spending is one of the ways to lift us out of recession.

stargirl1701 Tue 16-Apr-13 17:52:12

Agreed. If a couple are counted as a unit for child benefit, they should be counted as a unit for tax. This is how it used to be.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: