Talk

Advanced search

thats it im of

(13 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Thu 22-Oct-09 09:59:40

This is a flounce from Pedants' Corner. I can no longer call myself a pedant. Without reading the content, you could figure out when DD was born by looking at my posts - I no longer capitalise correctly or punctuate, they are littered with typos and odd spacing!
My only excuse is typing while feeding / jiggling baby on knee / incredibly fast so as to finish a post before she wakes
Well I'll miss you all. Probably back at about the same time as I return to work.

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Thu 22-Oct-09 10:00:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

throckenholt Thu 22-Oct-09 10:01:02

of what ?

StealthPolarBear Thu 22-Oct-09 10:03:38

exactly!
someone has just asked me what 'ikt' means - it's an 'it' with a bonus k in the middle.
Also I typed 'to' instead of 'too' the other day - it was a typo as my finger just didn't connect the second time, but was blush at calling myself a pedant and making that sort of mistake.
Plus with the baby brain and lack of sleep it's only a matter of time before I can no longer make the distinction: off vs of, too vs to, their/there/they're...it's bound to happen

Stayingscarygirl Thu 22-Oct-09 10:12:04

I suspect that you ought to be able to suspend your Pedants' Corner membership on a temporary basis, StealthPolarBear - what you describe definitely sounds like exigent circumstances. smile

piratecat Thu 22-Oct-09 10:19:24

haha @ your thread title!!

It's probably for the best.

TrillianSlasher Thu 22-Oct-09 10:21:23

I maintain that typos are different to (and fairly easy to distinguish from) mis-spellings.

For example, I don't know whether to hyphenate mis-spellings, or to write misspellings or mispellings.

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 22-Oct-09 10:24:30

I am liking the notion of a bonus letter, in this case, a K

grin

HolidaysQueen Thu 22-Oct-09 10:33:02

ROFL at this thread

From now on, I will always use the bonus letter concept when defending any typos. You may no longer be a pedant, SPB, but you are clearly a genius at excuse-making

StealthPolarBear Thu 22-Oct-09 10:38:11

thank you all for making me feel better!
Trillian, yes that's what I've been telling myself about typos, but when I typed 'to' instead of 'too' I didn't think anyone would believe the truth Plus (confession time) I can't spell the vegetable that looks like little trees and I can't spell occasion. Got away with it so far I think but the spotlight will be on me from now on...

HolidaysQueen Thu 22-Oct-09 10:40:12

I still can't spell the n word that means essential, and I still can't spell the name of the street my parents live on despite them having been there for 5 years. In all other respects, I like to think I am perfect, but we all have our crosses to bear.

TrillianSlasher Thu 22-Oct-09 10:56:26

I can't spell the d-word that happens if you have tummy trouble.

DadInsteadofMum Thu 22-Oct-09 15:52:53

I just look for alternatives, thus, calabrese, required and the trots. I also maintain that all my errors are typos rather than an incorrect application off grama.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now