Talk

Advanced search

changing the baby

(8 Posts)
hatwoman Fri 16-Oct-09 14:18:36

I've never liked this, but just saw it written down and realised how ridiculous it is. You're going to change the baby's nappy. Presumably.

MrsBadger Fri 16-Oct-09 14:23:43

mad isn;t it

I always had visions of going up to a counter in the 'Baby Changing Room' and saying 'No, I think on balance I'd rather have a kitten'

hatwoman Fri 16-Oct-09 14:24:45

grin

nellynaemates Mon 19-Oct-09 09:28:37

Presumably you've never uttered the phrase "I'm going to get changed" then? You always say "I'm going to change my clothes"? It's just short-hand, hardly a matter for pedantry in my opinion.

hatwoman Mon 19-Oct-09 10:36:10

you are, of course, correct. but there's always scope for pedantry (for the truly committed smile). I hadn't particularly thought of your example...but I rather like it. "I'm going to change" is even better. I will, from now on, ponder what to change into, when I utter it.

FlamingoBingo Tue 20-Oct-09 07:49:09

I don't hate it as much as 'change the baby's bum'

Jacksmama Fri 06-Nov-09 00:12:10

That irritates me too - change baby's bum for what? A coin purse? A piggy bank? A gum drop dispenser???

grin

beaufies Fri 06-Nov-09 21:36:30

'Going to change' was always a source of great amusement in our house when I was growing up. My father would always say " what are you going to change into...a frog ?" I now say it to my children ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now