Talk

Advanced search

This is AIBU meets pedants' corner - AIBU to consider writing to my council about this?

(10 Posts)
spicemonster Sun 05-Jul-09 18:35:26

My council has just put in a load of new playgrounds at (presumably) huge expense across the borough.

It was my first outing to my local one today - absolutely beautiful climbing frames, lovely imaginative and sturdy equipment which includes lots of panels for children to read and explore things as well as the physical equipment. But either side of the climbing frame/slide thing, there are panels with footprints on them that say "Whose prints are these? Follow thier trail" shock angry

I know this is going to wind me up every single time I go to the playground. The company that made the playground are in the UK and I just feel that the council should ask for some replacement panels without the spelling mistake. Or is that really sad and moany of Tunbridge Wells of me?

edam Sun 05-Jul-09 18:37:06

You are right, council should ask for some replacement panels or get them repainted or something. What is the world coming to, etc. etc. etc.

southeastastra Sun 05-Jul-09 18:37:53

am surprised no-one noticed before they were put it!

flamingobingo Sun 05-Jul-09 18:38:08

YANBU - write to them and tell us what they said

spicemonster Sun 05-Jul-09 18:40:41

They're not painted, that's the thing edam - they're big plastic panels with cut out words and pictures (which must cost £££). I can't believe no one noticed either at some point in the entire construction process

I'm glad you don't think I'm being a cross old bat - I shall write and report back

Stinkyfeet Sun 05-Jul-09 18:41:01

Definitely write to them - after all it's your Council Tax that's paid for it.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 05-Jul-09 18:42:27

Local paper might like that one.

spicemonster Sun 05-Jul-09 18:44:18

OMG MMofC - you are absolutely right. It is right up their street! I have already appeared in the paper looking sad and heavily pregnant with a parking ticket I got when they decided to suspend the parking bay outside my house with no notice. I can star in it once again

cattj Mon 06-Jul-09 01:53:40

A few years back I heard about some wording painted in the road to get people into the right lane for their destination. Not once, but twice, in huge lettering: SCHHOL.

MoominMymbleandMy Mon 06-Jul-09 01:59:10

Local paper definitely! It's a great story particularly if you have a DC to point out the mistake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now