Talk

Advanced search

More spelling errors!

(9 Posts)
sazzerbear Thu 02-Jul-09 13:41:02

I was walking through the park the other day when I spotted a printed sign (obviously produced on a pc) in a council van saying "caution loose pathing". I had to read it several times as I could not believe my eyes. Has everyone lost the ability to spell?

sazzerbear Fri 03-Jul-09 13:54:35

bump all you pedants!

campion Sat 04-Jul-09 00:43:14

I thought most people had lost the ability to pronounce 'th' in words these days ( vese days), so I see this transgression as hopeful wink.

And loose was used correctly. For once.

thumbwitch Sat 04-Jul-09 00:52:25

might not have been a speller as such, might have been a furriner using a word incorrectly - i.e. they meant path-ing, not paving.

We have lots of restaurant/takeaway places near us, with sandwichboard advertising - one of them described their menu as "full of choise" - and then so did another one! Presumably copying from the first one in a spirit of competition hmm

Antdamm Sat 04-Jul-09 14:52:53

I seen a great one today at a fast food place, it said - Munchie Box with Donor Kebab Meat, Chips, Pakoras and Crispy Onion rings.

I did wonder what kebab meat was made of...... grin

thumbwitch Sat 04-Jul-09 16:13:59

pmsl - I guess that's what they use the leftover bits for after they've had the important bits for transplant...grin

<Sorry, sorry, evil sick NHS soh.>

sazzerbear Sat 04-Jul-09 19:35:28

mmn kidney kebabs! grin

campion Sat 04-Jul-09 23:48:45

I seen? hmm

sazzerbear Sun 05-Jul-09 13:54:11

irony?...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now