Talk

Advanced search

L'Oreal Age Re-perfect Re-Plumping! WTF?

(7 Posts)
discantus Wed 17-Sep-08 10:51:18

Is anyone else being driven mad by all these cosmetic adverts which are using the most bizarre made up words such as de-crinkling and re-perfect? There seem to be more and more of them, and i'm starting to cringe every time I hear them. Surely no-one is impressed by these mumbo jumbo words?

Katisha Wed 17-Sep-08 10:57:42

I am re-irritated by it all in a de-pleasing way...

Cadelaide Wed 17-Sep-08 11:03:53

They're doing it to un-finance you.

NinaInCognito Wed 17-Sep-08 11:49:46

They are doing it to confuse the normal woman into thinking this is some amazing scientific breakthrough. Which it isn't - just bollocks to get you to spend more money.

The one that gets me is the Andy McDowell ad saying that her cream will make you look younger - like that is all there is to life.

All to do with genetics if you ask me - if you've got good skin then you're damn lucky, nothing to do with re-plumping, beautifying, wrinkle-filler crap.

I have tried expensive, cheap, perfumed, unperfumed, sensitive, non-sensitive stuff and my face just looks the same. Just a shame I wasted money on tat like what they are trying to peddle.

AllFallDown Wed 17-Sep-08 11:51:23

Do they make you up to 88% visibly more irritated?

poorbuthappy Wed 17-Sep-08 11:53:27

The "digitially enhanced in post production" wind me up more....its like advertising a house with 5 bedrooms with small print saying actually its only got 2, but we decided to enhance the advert to get you interested...bloody wrong if you ask me...

Snaf Wed 17-Sep-08 12:00:34

What about 'Laetitia, styled with a full head of extensions from poverty-stricken Russian children'? Gah.

Does anyone seriously believe that Eva Longoria et al colour their hair with five-quid's-worth of dye from Boots? I'd pay to see Andie MacDowell standing in her bathroom on a Sunday night with a scabby old towel around her shoulders...

hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now