Advanced search

'' or ""

(3 Posts)
purlease Wed 23-Jul-08 11:34:50

okay so the double ones are used around quotes - easy to describe.

What do I call the single ones.

MrsBadger Wed 23-Jul-08 11:52:25

they're inverted commas

purlease Wed 23-Jul-08 14:55:28

I thought that, but are quotation marks "" not also referred to as inverted commas.

I feel very nervous writing in pedants' corner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now