Talk

Advanced search

Fine, no problem.

(2 Posts)
ALemonyPea Wed 03-Apr-19 10:33:08

Has anyone else noticed the use of either fine, no problem or either of those after a statement in a post is happening more and more. Eg: DH is going out with his friends on a 7 hour bender while I'm recovering from and operation, fine, no problem. However blah blah blah.

I'm not too sure why, but it is really annoying me, as what usually follows is the reason why it is not fine and is a problem.

Anyone else?

DadDadDad Wed 03-Apr-19 11:40:29

I'm not sure I see it the way you do. Surely they are saying that all other things being equal, the situation they mention before the word "fine" would be reasonable. It's the additional factors they mention after "no problem" that are they are unhappy about.

That said on AIBU, even if an OP does make it clear that they don't have a problem with DH going on a bender, but do have a problem with (say) DH not being back home the next morning to help, posters will still comment "why won't you let your DH go out for a drink - you sound very controlling!" hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »