Talk

Advanced search

rememberation

(8 Posts)
WhippetyStourie Mon 06-Nov-17 06:24:25

Is rememberation an actual word? DD has brought her spelling list home with this word. I thought she had copied it wrongly and suggested that she should have written remembrance but she said that the teacher checks their words. How have I lived so long without ever hearing or reading this word?

picklemepopcorn Mon 06-Nov-17 07:13:30

I’ve never heard it,..

Renumeration, remembrance, rememberation is not recognised by my spell checker...

BitchyHen Mon 06-Nov-17 07:14:09

I'm not sure it is a word. Google just brings up this thread.

WhippetyStourie Mon 06-Nov-17 08:46:46

Thanks for the replies. I'll tell DD to check her words again tomorrow.

DadDadDad Mon 06-Nov-17 11:11:27

pickle - interesting, looking at your list, I was going to say "renumeration" is not a word, but apparently it does exist as a rather obscure word, easily confused with the common word "remuneration".

picklemepopcorn Mon 06-Nov-17 17:37:31

I do have trouble with remuneration and renumeration, enbalm instead of embalm, and anemone and anenome.

Prictoriafeckam Mon 06-Nov-17 17:45:33

That's not a real word, I'm certain. Perhaps the teacher meant commemoration.

WhippetyStourie Mon 06-Nov-17 22:46:17

So now I know that I've been confusing renumeration and remuneration all my life! Every day's a school day.

Probably remember and commemoration were both on the board and DD has mashed them together. She is easily distracted.

Thank you all for the confirmation. I'm happy now to change the word in her homework book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now