Talk

Advanced search

"Would you judge...?"

(4 Posts)
Trills Sat 18-Feb-17 11:41:53

Not a TAAT, a TA a whole bunch of Ts.

Surely the answer is always yes?

Unless you did not notice the issue in question, of course it will affect how you perceive the person.

The question only makes sense if you specify WHAT judgement you are asking about.

Would you judge someone with pink hair?
Yes - I would notice their pink hair and it would affect my perception of them.
You have gained nothing from my answer here.

Would you think someone with pink hair was unprofessional/dressing too young for their age/on drugs/attention-seeking/etc?
My answer to that will be much more interesting.

DadDadDad Sat 18-Feb-17 16:58:29

But to be fair, I think "judge" has two meanings - the pedantic one you are holding to, which just means "make some assessment of a person", but also an idiomatic use which is clearly being used in these kinds of questions to mean "think less of someone / be less able to take them seriously" etc. When someone says "don't judge me!" they are surely meaning "don't condemn me!", which is closer to the latter meaning.

And most people don't seem to have a problem understanding that's what the questioner means and answering the implicit question that you set out at the end of your post.

Trills Sat 18-Feb-17 18:21:44

I acknowledge that, and I posted in this section and not in Chat as a part of my acknowledgement ;)

I can think less of someone in many different ways.

I'd like the asker to specify what kind of negative judgement they are anticipating.

Trills Sat 18-Feb-17 18:23:30

What. no auto-wink? ;)

If I type : ) without the space it makes smile

grin is bizarrely typed by : o, and not :D, leading to confusion where people intended to convey a shocked expression.

But not auto pictorification on the wink? How disappointing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now