Talk

Advanced search

Mr's

(7 Posts)
Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 02-Sep-16 14:28:57

My parents have very kindly sent us some flowers. The florist has attached a little card in an envelope addressed to Mr and Mr's Gasp0de. Inside it says 'Happy annivery'.

They're lovely flowers, which is the main thing, but I do wonder why two words that a florist must have to write many times a week should be so spectacularly wrong.

WowOoo Fri 02-Sep-16 14:33:22

Blimey.
They are probably rushed off their feet or passionate about flowers alone, not spelling!
Did it say "Mr's" also?

Buzzardbird Fri 02-Sep-16 14:38:43

How many husbands to you have? grin

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 02-Sep-16 15:45:45

One is more than enough, thank you, Buzzardbird! 34 years tomorrow since we tied the knot.

Yes, Mr and Mr's is what it said on the card. A nice case of the random use of the apostrophe.

Buzzardbird Fri 02-Sep-16 15:50:58

Wonder is the pen slipped? Congratulations on you're your annivery anniversary. flowers

SanityClause Fri 02-Sep-16 15:56:29

I had a staff member who used to do this all the time. Nearly every plural got a random apostrophe. Whyyyyyyy?

But I have never seen a more bizarre case of random apostrophe than yours. Maybe it's a kind of special gift for pedants that they provide?

Congratulations on your anniversary. flowers

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 02-Sep-16 18:05:27

Thanks all! Yes, it was an extra special touch - it must be even more widely known than I realised that I am indeed an out and out pedant. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now