Auto correct and spell checker

(7 Posts)
VulcanWoman Wed 27-Apr-16 07:45:57

Now, before I start I don't pick fault/point out peoples spellings/grammar on MN because I'm no expert I can assure you of that. I'm sure my post will have mistakes, anyhoo, I only have spell check not auto correct so don't fully understand it.
Would it be possible to go back and change a word that has been altered by auto correct or not, because I notice in a lot of posts people saying "damn auto correct", like it can't be changed or is this because they haven't proof read their post?

CocktailQueen Wed 27-Apr-16 07:47:51

If you proof your post before posting and notice that autocorrect has changed a word, you can go back and change it. But if you hit Send then realise that autocorrect has changed something, you can't go back and change it.

AlleyCatandRastaMouse Wed 27-Apr-16 07:48:09

Vulcan I do not always ever proof read posts, guilty as charged.

VulcanWoman Wed 27-Apr-16 08:05:16

Oh ok, thank you. So people are blaming auto correct when it is actually their fault, fair enough, now I know grin

FruStefanOla Wed 27-Apr-16 15:58:40

No, not necessarily, Vulcan. You can change something but then autocorrect sometimes changes it back again - it's bloody irritating!

VulcanWoman Wed 27-Apr-16 17:55:39

Sounds like technology is getting ahead of itself, must be annoying, so it refuses to use the word you prefer.
My new mobile phone is in for repair at the minute, I didn't even get a enough time to get the hang of it before it broke but vaguely remember there being 3 levels of auto correct from high to low correction. I think I'll be turning it off completely if it starts to get too annoying.

FruStefanOla Wed 27-Apr-16 18:05:28

It's a real PITA sometimes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now