Advanced search

wHeN to cAPItalISE???

(6 Posts)
Tortington Thu 20-Oct-11 13:21:32

ok when i am referring to a specific group - a committee if you will - at work, when writing a report is their title like a proper noun?

so if i wrote
The Sheep Sheering Group (SSG) met on Tuesday and decided......

would this be correct? if the group was actually called - self termed - addressed as the Sheep Sheering Group. Rather than some randon sheep sheerers who met one day

<tried desperatly not to give deail there and possibly complicated things>

Sinkingfeeling Thu 20-Oct-11 13:23:15

Yes, that's correct. They're an official organisation rather than a random collection of people.

ZombiouslyGhoulblivious Thu 20-Oct-11 13:26:14

Although obviously you mean the Sheep Shearing Group wink

AMumInScotland Thu 20-Oct-11 13:28:39

Yes, the Accounts Committe or the Finance Department or the Sheep Worrying Group or whatever grin

nickelbabe Thu 20-Oct-11 15:14:15

yes, definitely a proper noun.
Sheep Shearing Group.

and don't forget that the Sheep Shearing Group is a committee....

Tortington Fri 21-Oct-11 15:29:10

ty ty ty

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: