Talk

Advanced search

Most amusing spelling mistakes you have seen on mumsnet

(136 Posts)
GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Fri 05-Aug-11 15:38:27

One which made me laugh - a mner was complaining about her bin collections or something and said she was going to call the council to complain. She spelled it as cancel. Can just imagine that being said in saft London accent, could see why she spelled it that way the dozy mare.

Here Here comes up a LOT on here. It makes me curl my lip.

Chest of draws.

Frexylady Fri 05-Aug-11 15:51:40

Excellent.

Was mortified when I used to work as a secretary and accidentally typed my boss's business development expenses as "Bustiness Development". Oops.

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Fri 05-Aug-11 15:52:53

Hahah bustiness development. What a freudian slip grin

Persay for per se.

catinboots Fri 05-Aug-11 15:53:26

I personally like Chester Draws

Frexylady Fri 05-Aug-11 15:57:15

Well he was a bit of a perv actually so luckily he saw the funny side.

Like nails down the blackboard when I see "Strawberrie's" for sale at the local grocer. Why?????

AbsDuCroissant Fri 05-Aug-11 15:57:16

There's the infamous "grammer police" <unimaginative>

I'll try and think of more.

Jjou Fri 05-Aug-11 15:58:16

The nethuns invader last year (?) who got all arsey about the GRAMMER POLICE!!! made me laugh. She wrote it like that too, all flouncy and dramatic, and proved people's points in one short burst. Classic. grin

OTheHugeManatee Fri 05-Aug-11 15:59:59

Wolef still wins grin

FerretMum Fri 05-Aug-11 16:01:20

Not on mn I know, but when I was a student nurse, I was writing an essay about the heart and wanted to say "The heart is a hollow muscular organ, about the size of a clenched fist and shaped like a blunt cone..." (shamelessly lifted out of Tortora...) What I wrote was "... about the size of a clenched fist and shaped like a blunt c#nt..."

Fortunately, I did re-read my efforts and was able to correct this before I handed it in, lol!

Disasterpiece Fri 05-Aug-11 16:02:26

Anything Chaos has ever written.

Reality Fri 05-Aug-11 16:03:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Fri 05-Aug-11 16:04:54

[wunk]

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Fri 05-Aug-11 16:05:56

There was a cracking one a couple of months ago, however it was on a serious thread and I obviously couldn't point and laugh.

Oh bloody hell I can't remember what it was <racks brain>

It was THE funniest typo.

FerretMum Fri 05-Aug-11 16:09:21

I like buttery hillocks... Now DD has arrived I thought I ought to tone down my previously for my ears only road rage language, buttery hillocks will be a good substitute...

ObviouslyOblivious Fri 05-Aug-11 16:10:31

I have today seen mention of a jack rustle. I laughed.

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Fri 05-Aug-11 16:16:07

Hahahahaha jack Rustle - that's marvellous.

Disasterpiece Fri 05-Aug-11 16:16:28

Ive just seen someone offer bugs instead of hugs grin

Frexylady Fri 05-Aug-11 16:17:20

Ah, that's so cute, I want one.

debka Fri 05-Aug-11 16:23:58

Of course there's the ubiquitous muslim used to wipe up baby sick grin

Goldensnitchberry Fri 05-Aug-11 16:24:36

Admittedly not on MN, but I liked this one ... a colleague who was leaving put a card up on the notice board at work to thank everyone for the 'velchers' they had given her. It took me a moment to work out that she meant vouchers.

ElephantsAndMiasmas Fri 05-Aug-11 16:25:08

I was going to say being put on a pedal stool. How would that WORK? Is that not, sort of, a unicycle?

PMSL at buttery hillocks. Stealing that.

ElephantsAndMiasmas Fri 05-Aug-11 16:26:04

Something easy is always known as a "piece of sips" in my family, due to puritan phone autocorrecting.

SecretNutellaFix Fri 05-Aug-11 16:28:38

I once asked someone, on here, if their new boyfriend was a good cook, the night after they had had a date. Except it didn't come out as "cook", no sirree, I managed to substitute a "c" for the second "o". Highly embarrassing. For me at any rate.

AbsDuCroissant Fri 05-Aug-11 16:31:15

My mom once infamously referred to "bunny huggers" as "honey buggers". She still hasn't lived that down, after literally years.

ShirleyKnot Fri 05-Aug-11 16:31:32

Someone accidently posted that someone else "didn't have a keg to stand on legally"

That was today and made me larff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now