Talk

Advanced search

To rejoice at the demise of "Sofa's Plus"?

(13 Posts)
emptyshell Sat 30-Jul-11 13:43:04

Posted about this shop before - they paid for a nice sign with all the individually standy-out 3D letters that must have cost a bomb, complete with the fucking misplaced apostrophe.

It has driven me nuts for years, to the point where I've made dark threats to go there in the dead of night and steal the offending apostrophe... and now it's closed!

AIBU to rejoice in it going bust as a glorious victory in the war against sodding apostrophes in every word ending in an s?

VirtualWitch Sat 30-Jul-11 14:00:11

Perhaps it is a business based on one sofa which has something called a "Plus"? Thats what it actually means after all!

I'm with you on the notion that a business which cannot employ people to get the spelling of its own name correct is no great loss.

TattyDevine Sat 30-Jul-11 14:01:50

Maybe they were selling plus signs and the owner proprietor was called "Sofa"?

Did you actually check? hmm

If so, and it wasn't a shop full of plusses, owned by the unfortunately named Sofa, then YANBU grin

FatboyTheMasturbator Sat 30-Jul-11 14:03:29

Maybe it was intentional? Like "Hear'say" the pop group.

doughnutty Sat 30-Jul-11 14:03:30

On the subject of grammar - YANBU.

On the loss of peoples jobs - YABU

LineRunner Sat 30-Jul-11 14:04:45

Tatty, it could only have been one plus.

And now they've sold it, and they have had to close down.

Not the best business model in the world, you have to admit.

TattyDevine Sat 30-Jul-11 14:05:27

Damn you VirtualWitch grin

TattyDevine Sat 30-Jul-11 14:06:07

ROFFLE LineRunner

zukiecat Sat 30-Jul-11 14:07:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FatboyTheMasturbator Sat 30-Jul-11 14:09:07

Kwik Save was spelt wrongly and that closed down as well.

VirtualWitch Sat 30-Jul-11 14:21:11

Yours was funnier Tatty

khaliwali Sat 30-Jul-11 14:58:16

I was pleased when our local Safeway closed so I wouldn't have to see the "Please dont allow your children to play on trollies" sign. I am not the brightest button but it rankles when things have actually been created, in real plastic with nobody checking them.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Mon 01-Aug-11 09:16:14

Some pedant was quicker off the mark than I when the signs at Buchanan Bus Station in Glasgow were amended quickly from the following: "Engine must be switched off when bus is stationery." grin They lasted a day. grin

I still haven't found the energy to advise the council about the paint on the road in the school bus bay near my house which says "BUSES ONLY BUSES ONLY USES ONLY BUSES ONLY". I'm tempted to park in that bit, because that's a use, isn't it? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now