Talk

Advanced search

Birthday party invites - do you ask the children who asked your child?

(8 Posts)
IlanaK Wed 22-Jun-05 15:39:22

Ds1 is 4 in a couple of weeks. I invited his friends a few weeks ago, including two children from his nursery that he specifically mentioned that he wanted to invite. We have just recieved an invitation to another child's party the week before his. The child is at nursery, but a full year younger than ds1 and he has never mentioned him to me before. We will go to the child's party, but what I want to know is: should I now invite him to my son's one? I have not just invited any children from nursery to his one, but specifically the two he asked for.

Any thoughts on this?

handlemecarefully Wed 22-Jun-05 16:11:19

Yes I would...

Sort of think it's polite (although that's not the same as saying it is rude not to)

Mama5 Wed 22-Jun-05 16:32:44

To a degree but some kids invite evryone. i tend to just invite a select few of closest friends ( you cant please everyone)

Nightynight Wed 22-Jun-05 16:42:40

definitely. I would have to have a really strong reason not to invite someone who had invited my child.

tummermum Wed 22-Jun-05 17:25:48

When my DD was younger we used to invite all of the girls in her class (to a disco or whatever) so that nobody was left out but we wouldn't then expect her to be invited to everyone elses party because understand that people have to set a limit depending on the type of party/size of house/size of extended family etc. But because of the time factor in this case I would say yes, invite the child.

merglemergle Wed 22-Jun-05 17:56:18

I probably would, unless the whole class or whatever was invited. (ds' entire nursery "class" of 30 was invited to one little boy's 1st birthday party. I admire the parents!).

This is why, in the mergle household, we have a strict rule-no birthday parties until a child is old enough to pester for one. Until then it is tea with the grannies!

Ds isn't speaking yet so hopefully can get out of a 2ns birthday party!

Chandra Wed 22-Jun-05 18:00:41

Why not? Besides you are going to this other child party, I supose I would feel very bad if DS realised that he was not invited to a party of a child that attended his a week before.

IlanaK Wed 22-Jun-05 18:56:43

Ok - with that consensus of opinion then I will certainly invite them! We were keeping my ds's one fairly small, but I can add one more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now