Talk

Advanced search

Family friendly pub near Hackney / Islington for 1st birthday - any ideas?

(5 Posts)
lowrib Wed 11-Nov-09 08:44:35

I'd like to invite more people than our tiny flat can accommodate for DS's first birthday, and it'll be winter so the park is no go.

It may seem like a strange venue for a child's birthday, but I reckon a pub function room (or simply an enclosed area in a pub) would be perfect actually - and some pubs do them for free if you can bring a crowd.

Can anyone recommend a good pub in Hackney / Islington that might tolerate a large number of children on a Saturday / Sunday afternoon?

TIA grin

Adair Wed 11-Nov-09 08:56:15

Friend had her baby's 1st upstairs in The Prince in Stokey - was great (though door is open so potential escapees). Dh still raves about it as the best kid's party!

Think they charge though, so maybe find a pub that doesn't.

lowrib Wed 11-Nov-09 09:10:42

Hi Adair. I'd prefer a free one, but I wouldn't rule out paying if it's not too much.

I didn't know the Prince had an upstairs, I'll go have look next time I'm in Stokey, thanks. Come to think of it, it occurs to me that the (ahem) research for this project could be quite fun grin

"Dh still raves about it as the best kid's party!" Thanks too for the vote of confidence for the idea, glad it's not a totally bonkers idea smile

lowrib Wed 11-Nov-09 10:31:48

Shameless bump smile

lowrib Wed 11-Nov-09 16:24:52

Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now