Talk

Advanced search

Ok so gave in and kids are having a Halloween Party..question is what do you do with all the kids for 2 hours ??

(9 Posts)
CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 22-Oct-09 22:28:37

We are dressing the house up and ourselves and have 12 kids in total

doing food (thats another what do you do but hoping asda/tesco will come up trumps) and was thinking of following games

pick the eyeball out of the worms (spaghetti with candy eyeballs)
musical statues - scary monster version
ducking apples
and thats where my ideas run out...

any ideas? I am a halloween virgin!!

comewhinewithme Thu 22-Oct-09 22:30:06

Pass the parcel with spiders and worms <fake ones wink> in the layers then a big fake rat/spider in the middle.

comewhinewithme Thu 22-Oct-09 22:31:40

Wrap the Mummy put the kids into teams one child on each team is the mummy the others have to wrap the mummy with toilet paper the team to finish first is the winner.

comewhinewithme Thu 22-Oct-09 22:32:30

Pin the legs on the spider/wart on witches nose?

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 22-Oct-09 22:34:31

Brill!!!!!!

CHOCOLATEPEANUT makes list for asda tomorrow....

dearprudence Thu 22-Oct-09 22:40:43

How old are the guests? I'm having about 8 7-year-olds, and am planning:

- Pin the cat on the broomstick (have printed pics off internet)
- Meet the witch. DH sits in darkened room. Children brought in one by one, possibly blindfolded. They're invited to feel her hair (raffia), her warty nose (carrot, obv), her one good eye and her one bad eye (finger pushed into a soft tomato half)
- pass the parcel only if I can be arsed have time to make one
- disco

Foodwise, they'll probably have hot dogs (yes, I know) and other crap.

If not raining heavily, they'll go outside to play. Otherwise, will be left pretty much to their own devices. Or to run riot, as they prefer.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 22-Oct-09 22:45:10

pru

meet the witch sounds scary!

from age 2-10 mainly 6-7 year olds though

OnceWasMummyPig Thu 22-Oct-09 23:08:48

Meet the witch sounds great! Last time I had a Halloween party I got my kids to make little pumpkins out of coloured card and write numbers on them, then we hid them around the house. Older kids had to get four pumpkins numbered 1 to 4 and younger kids just had to find a couple of pumpkins, then they had some sweets as a reward. It kept them running around the house for a while, and I asked the ones who were quick to help the others get their pumpkins.

We also did dress the mummy, followed by dancing.

and 'pass the pumpkin'

Plus some Halloween crafty things from Baker Ross. One year we had a very quiet boy who didn't want to join in the games but did lots of colouring and took home loads of Halloween magnets.

The time goes surprisingly quickly!

melpomene Thu 22-Oct-09 23:55:13

Treasure hunt in the dark: Hide chocolate coins around the garden, then give everyone a torch and let them loose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now