Talk

Advanced search

Halloween party games for 2yrs olds

(5 Posts)
butterscotch Thu 22-Oct-09 21:04:43

Help!

So far I have stick the nose on the pumpkin..

Pass the parcel...

What else can I do?

We didn't do a birthday party for DD as we were about to move house so a halloween party seemed a good idea at the time...

Thanks.

Fivefour Thu 22-Oct-09 21:22:53

How about "Hunt the ....."? Use plastic bats, mini skeletons or chocolate pumpkins or whatever you fancy and hide them. For 2 yr olds you should probably stick to hiding them in just one room and in quite obvious places.

You could get them to try and throw small cuddly toys or beanbags into the top of a large pumpkin.

whoooooisasking Fri 23-Oct-09 15:44:19

Just a little tip re pass the parcel!

I usually scoop out a small pumpkin a couple of days before - keep the "lid" - and stuff it with kitchen roll (to dry it out)

Spray the outside of the pumkin with hairspray (It makes it lovely and shiny)

I then place little treats in the pumpkin. Usually sweets, but if you don't want to do that, then stickers, or little bag-stuffy kind of stuff!

Then you can play "pass the pumpkin!" when the music stops, the child opens the lid, closes his/her eyes and delves inside for a treat! This means that each child "wins" (provided you keep an eye on where the pumpkin is when you stop the music) and makes a fab seasonal game!

Other games which were popular when my 2 were little were:

Batty Bats - cut out some bat shapes out of black tissue paper, give each child a straw and they have to blow the bats up into the air to make them fly.

I'll try and think of some more (my 2 are into much more gruesome stuff these days wink)

happyclapper Wed 28-Oct-09 16:38:14

Great ideas. Can you share your more gruesome games too as having party for 10 6-7yr olds. Food ideas would be great to please.

frightstick Wed 28-Oct-09 20:10:09

I'm having a troupe of 3 year olds on Friday. I was planning to get a big cube and stick pictures of Halloween figures on the sides. Each child could roll the dice and then they would have to do an action. Frog, bat, witch etc.

What do you think?

Mini sausages in buns, some green jelly, halloween biscuits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now