Talk

Advanced search

Pirate costume

(7 Posts)
blondiep14 Wed 21-Oct-09 18:37:02

Ds (20 months) has been invited to a pirate party and needs to dress up!
I have searched ebay and other kids websites for costumes but he seems too small for toddler ones and too big for baby ones - any ideas??

BPiggy Wed 21-Oct-09 18:49:30

My two year old just went to a party as a pirate and I couldn't find an outfit either. I just got a pair of his old jeans and an old stripy long sleeved jumper and cut the trousers and sleeves in a jagged fashion. It was very effective. You could black one of his eyes as a patch (with black make up of course) punching him may be frowned upon! See if you can find a fluffy parrot or bird to pop on his shoulder.

Have fun!

Wattinger Wed 21-Oct-09 18:50:17

Have you tried the argos website? They have a great pirate costume, not sure about sizing though?

blondiep14 Wed 21-Oct-09 19:00:46

Oooh, thanks ladies. Will investigate & report back.

deliberate Wed 21-Oct-09 19:04:14

Pirate is so easy (and fun, how fancy dress should/used to be grin ) to make.

-Old trousers cut around bottom to make ragged
-either striped T-shirt or white baggy shirt.
-waistcoat made from an old t-shirt cut up the front and with the sleeves cut off
-I made a treasure purse from one of the sleeves, not accept that may be a bit OTT
-Leather belt worn across the body, over one shoulder - can attach treasure purse and/or cardboard/plastic sword
-Hat from black card with skull and crossbones printed off Internet
-Black fabric & elastic for eye patch
-and a fab finishing touch, hook from a wooden coat hanger pushed through a paper cup, with a cork on the inside to cover the sharp bit and stop it coming out.

Took less time than going shopping

blondiep14 Wed 21-Oct-09 19:20:58

Theanks deliberate - ace ideas - shall be stealing them!!

lucysmum Wed 21-Oct-09 19:29:30

I drew a skull and cross bones on a t shirt for my kids - looked great. You can use the stuff you use for curtain tie bags for a rope effect belt. Treasure belt with a few choc coins in goes down well. Eye patch can be face paint - easier to keep on than a real patch, Could have a suitable coloured bandana if easier than a hat. Neck cloth from a piece of spotty fabric/handkerchief also looks good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: