Talk

Advanced search

what was the best gift your 5 yo dd received at her birthday party?

(16 Posts)
nowwearefour Wed 14-Oct-09 13:50:01

DD1 has been invited to a party of a girl she does not know at all - still less i the parents. dd1 just turned 4 but in the same class as this little girl who is 5 on saturday. any ideas of what i might get her? an orchard toys game is my only hought but is a bit more than i would ideally like to spend.

nowwearefour Wed 14-Oct-09 14:43:31

bump

liliputlady Wed 14-Oct-09 17:00:13

When my dds were 5 they liked Polly Pockets, craft kits (you could get a Halloween or Christmassy one), sparkly tops, board games and girly accessories.

FrightsMonth Wed 14-Oct-09 17:37:37

'Pop To the Shops' is a good Orchard Toys game.

Otherwise - liliputlady's list is a good one, and I would add:
felt-tip pens and pencil case
hair bands & bobbles
Hama beads

nowwearefour Wed 14-Oct-09 17:41:44

thanks- useful tips. i am still open toother ideas though!

nowwearefour Wed 14-Oct-09 18:34:49

bump

mrsruffallo Wed 14-Oct-09 18:40:12

jigsaw puzzles are always quite reasonable and well received too!

DiamondHead Wed 14-Oct-09 18:42:56

Pyjamas.

When my ds was 5, he had a party and most of the class were there. Someone bought pyjamas and they were a little peice of sanity in amoungst the plastic. He liked them, they were Ben 10 or such, and he still wears them.

boogeek Wed 14-Oct-09 19:40:40

Anything crafty is always well received.
Ditto anything HSM. (I stock up on likely things when I see them on sale - you know you are going to be at little girls' parties for the next year so why not!) Otherwise, though I would never have bought her one myself, DD1's favourite presents are always barbie dolls, and you can usually pick them up for not too much money too.

boogeek Wed 14-Oct-09 19:41:19

Ooh good idea from DiamondHead though - DD1 was given a (HSM!) duvet cover on her last birthday which was well received.

liliputlady Wed 14-Oct-09 19:49:02

A beach towel with their favourite character on.
Anything personalised (lots of ideas on ebay and ebid) always looks as if a bit more thought has gone into it.
Kids cookery book along with a cookie/cake-making kit.
Compilation of children's music/first party album.

liliputlady Wed 14-Oct-09 19:50:26

P.S Not Friendship bracelet kits - my two dd's have been given at least a dozen of these over the last 12 years!!!!!

PheasantPlucker Wed 14-Oct-09 19:52:19

DD2's 5th bday party was last Sat. She loved her first set of Hama beads (a horse set - or are they all horse sets?) and a book of recipes for children.

<oh and a vile thing called Littlest Pet Shop, but the less said about that the better! >

CarGirl Wed 14-Oct-09 19:57:03

My dd loved her primark pjs she got for her 5th birthday from a friend!

Dressing up shoes/tiarra & other tatt.

nowwearefour Thu 15-Oct-09 09:12:07

interesting ideas. thanks!

zazen Thu 15-Oct-09 09:15:18

Oh, littlest pet shop is vile - but my DD (5) loves her little monkey and banana she got for her 5th.

She got a hungry hippo game and connect 4 and these were well received. She loves jigsaws too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now