Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

80's party for DH's 40th Saturday week!!!

(6 Posts)
womblingfree Tue 13-Oct-09 10:51:41

Only about 10 days to go and due to money and time issues have basically organised nothing and am not even sure who's coming (can even remember who I've invited tbh!!!).

Have suggested 80's/School uniform fancy dress and school uniform seems to be winning amongst those I know are coming so far so am probably going to gear it up towards that.

Am going with black, red and white bascic colour scheme with a few smiley face bits and bobs thrown in.

Am thinking of getting some school type decs like these:

www.peeks.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?product=F7B00002-EC94-4DF2-8A72-C0BA5AC54136&category=9BB9165C-F581 -4D4C-831D-BD8869382CD4

Was going to print out the logo from the film 'Cocktail' and use it for bar area in the kitchen.

Also printing out lots of posters of 80's films, pop stars etc.

Am doing 'normal' party food, but a 'tuck shop' style retro sweet bar rather than puddings with kola kubes, wham bars, space dust etc.

Not sure if it seems a bit all over the place as am usually a bit anal about my party themes.

Any suggestions gratefully received!!!

SkaterGrrrrl Tue 13-Oct-09 14:15:53

Watch The Wedding Singer for inspiration, the soundtrack is eighties-tastic.

Hope it goes well!

Poshpaws Tue 13-Oct-09 15:46:12

No ideas I am afraid, but he has the same 40th birthday as me grin.

Hope he has a fab time!

womblingfree Wed 14-Oct-09 00:54:30

Skater - thanks for reminding me of the Wedding Singer - was going to get the soundtrack

Happy Birthday Posh!

blithedance Thu 15-Oct-09 20:25:33

Me too! Happy birthday Posh

I came looking on the P&C board because I haven't organised my 40th party either and it's as you have so kindly reminded me, 10 days to go. At least you have a theme grin sounds like you'll be fine.

MaureenMLove Thu 15-Oct-09 20:30:27

Watch the second part of Electric Dreams on BBCi-player. BBC4. That'll give you some inspiration!

Tuck shop and posters sound fab! I trust you have the wonderful Tom Cruise in Top Gun somewhere amongst them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now