Talk

Advanced search

Party Bag Etiquette?

(9 Posts)
RubyBooBerry Mon 12-Oct-09 17:50:01

having 4th birthday party for DD on Sunday, I really should get my act together and get some party bags sorted. There's about 22 coming - it'll be at the local soft play and they do all the clearing up and provide the food (bliss)

Should I do different bags for boys and girls or make them all the same?

What do I put in?

I have a box of "Freddo" chocolate bars - that will be a start!

LowLevelWhingeing Mon 12-Oct-09 17:53:45

Amazon have a good selection of stuff and should be able to deliver in time.

I think keep them all the same for boys and girls.

RubyBooBerry Mon 12-Oct-09 19:06:50

Ooh - thanks for the link - have lots of ideas now!

girlsyearapart Mon 12-Oct-09 19:13:31

my sister got sick of the 'plastic tat' her dcs come home with at parties and so this year my nephew aged 8 gave a water pistol with a packet of sweets to each child.

niece was 4 my sister gave coloured popcorn in clear bags tied with ribbon and a lollipop to each. looked lovely.

my dds were 1 and 2 we bought pencils with wooden animal toppers (30p wilkos), a balloon and sweets each.

RubyBooBerry Mon 12-Oct-09 21:24:42

How do you colour popcorn? And do you add sugar or anything? Nice idea.

girlsyearapart Tue 13-Oct-09 07:34:17

Haven't a clue! thought it was bought. Will ask my sister later and get back to you

savoycabbage Tue 13-Oct-09 07:37:45

I made coloured popcorn just last week for my orange themed party...

You just heat water and sugar in a pan to make toffee and then put in food colouring. Then you make the popcorn and drizzle it on.

ja9 Tue 13-Oct-09 07:41:54

pound shops are always a good source of inspiration and you can get some pretty decent things for a pound - pencil case, dominos, whoopy cushions etc. a wee gift and a freddo would go down a treat.

RubyBooBerry Tue 13-Oct-09 21:21:25

We have

A Freddo
A carnival mask thing
A blowie thing with streamers
Mini bubbles

(see I avoided the tat!! grin )

There will also be a slice of cake wrapped up, so now I have a cake dilemma - chocolate M&S big slab thing that slices into 15...and then I have to buy another one for the other 9 guests, which means I'll have to eat the other bits, oh woe is me wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now