Talk

Advanced search

Frazzled mum seeks present advice

(9 Posts)
katyamum Sun 11-Oct-09 21:32:19

Help! My ds will be 6 yrs next month. Loves lego. Construction. Hot Wheels. Energetic. Any brilliant ideas? We have all the Brio stuff and mountains of Lego, but I know he'll be happy with more, but I'd really like to branch out a bit!

Littlefish Sun 11-Oct-09 21:33:54

How about something completely different like night vision goggles, or binoculars or walkie-talkies? ie. a spy kit.

defineme Sun 11-Oct-09 21:37:07

What about sporty stuff - basketball hoop or a mini skateboard?

Those new mining lego things are quite cool (just got them for 8yrold lego obsessed nephew).

I like the science museum stuff -they do a good remote control car and I've just bought a rocket shooter from the same range.

The klutz paper aeroplane book is brilliant, but he'll need help with it.

katyamum Sun 11-Oct-09 21:41:09

Thanks - yes, basket ball hoop is on my list. Can you recommend one? We've got the paper aeroplane book - loves it. Walkie Talkie - good idea too. Science Museum website - great idea. Rocket shooter we got last year - he loved it so much and now we lost all the rockets to our neighbours roof, but I might buy more....

Earlybird Sun 11-Oct-09 21:41:21

What about one of the more complicated wooden marble runs?

katyamum Sun 11-Oct-09 21:54:02

Yes, we love our ELC marble run. Maybe a more complex one is a good idea too. Thanks

choccyp1g Sun 11-Oct-09 21:58:51

DS got K'nex at about that age, and still plays with it. One thing I like about K'nex is that you can add to it without taking up much more space. I also love srting out all the little bits into separate little bags and boxes. {saddo]

choccyp1g Sun 11-Oct-09 21:59:48

For srting please read sorting (it's a typo, not a spelling mistake)

kimlouiseb Mon 12-Oct-09 16:03:24

Hi,
I bought my soon to be 5 year old son one of these marble runs by Quadrilla over the summer holidays and it is fantastic. We got the basic set but you can still build lots of different runs and there are loads of extension sets you can get to add on to it. Very well made (I love wooden toys!) and really tests their logic skills. My son can build a very simple one by himself and I am sure a 6 year old could manage it quite easily. We are going to add to it at Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now