Talk

Advanced search

Prince and princesses party

(7 Posts)
mumsfrazzled Sun 11-Oct-09 21:31:04

My DS 5 has been invited to a prince and princess party. Just need to some ideas on how to get him looking like a prince without spending too much, also would it be acceptable to go as a Knight. Any other ideas welcome.

LadyLaLa Sun 11-Oct-09 21:51:11

I think a Knight's costume is absolutely fine.

If you were to send him as a Prince I think he might wear a tabard (simple plastic one or decorated pillowcase with belt) plus a cloak of some sort and a crown (gold cardboard).

But Knight would be great and a bit different, I imagine the theme is more "fairytale" hence Knights etc, than strictly Prince/Princess only but it's harder to define fairytale.

Hulababy Sun 11-Oct-09 21:59:01

I think a knight is fine.

pointyhat Sun 11-Oct-09 22:02:35

Platic sword and a cardboard crown. Bob's your uncle.

fridayschild Sun 11-Oct-09 22:03:23

I agree with the Knights. I take it the birthday child is a girl? I would guess the princes are there to placate the boys, and so it's fine to go as a knight.

DS2 got a tabard when he was a knight - his brother's white T shirt with the sleeves cut off and a shield shape from two colours stuck on with the iron-on sticky stuff. Shield and sword of cardboard if you are arty.

islandofsodor Sun 11-Oct-09 22:05:10

We offer prince and priness parties and knights are included in the storyline.

mumsfrazzled Tue 13-Oct-09 23:47:04

Thanks for the replies everyone knight it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now