Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a present for my DS's 2nd birthday?

(8 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Fri 09-Oct-09 19:54:17

DS is 2 years old in a few weeks time and I'm still not sure what to get him. He already has a trike, a sit on train, push along walker things, cars, musical instruments and the likes.

What kind of things is your 2 year old DS into and what toys have maintained interest? He only has a little bit of Duplo so that might be good or could he have Lego at this stage?

Knickers0nMahead Fri 09-Oct-09 23:34:55

Magnetic letters. Actually, anything magnetic, but letters in a tub especially.

LolaLadybird Sun 11-Oct-09 09:29:03

Watching this with interest as my DS also turns 2 next month. I was wondering about a wooden farm and animals as DS seems to like farm animals.

I would steer clear of proper Lego at this stage. DD (4) has some which she got last Xmas and I tend to make her play with it up at the table as I doubt DS would resist the temptation to put peices in his mouth.

MrsJamin Sun 11-Oct-09 09:33:35

I think Duplo is fine til at least 3-4 yrs so you'd get a good lot more use out of duplo. DS at 21MO is just really getting into it. I think we're going to get a brio train set for DS's 2nd birthday. Has he got a garage for his cars?

ThingOneofYourNightmares Sun 11-Oct-09 10:55:33

A garage, wooden train set, smaller duplo, playmobil 123 people, stubby felt-tips.

Mine are now three and five and these things are still played with (although the playmobil 123 people are less popular now).

SanctimoniousTeeTotalPrig Sun 11-Oct-09 11:01:39

Ask what he wants too. My dd desperately wanted an umbrella for her 2nd birthday. A green one in fact. And while she loved the megabloks and train (like brio, compatible with brio, much cheaper!) stuff, that umbrella is still carried everywhere 6 months later and she was sooooo happy to unwrap it.

SanctimoniousTeeTotalPrig Sun 11-Oct-09 11:02:17

yy to magnetic stuff too

Anything involving imaginary play.

ThingOneofYourNightmares Sun 11-Oct-09 11:03:28

On the magnet front we have this magnetic farm which is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now