Talk

Advanced search

Halloween party invitation - should ds take the host a present?

(8 Posts)
NoNickname Wed 07-Oct-09 10:07:33

DS has been invited to a halloween party. Should he take the party boy a present? He's not been to one before, so I don't know what the done thing is.

paisleyleaf Wed 07-Oct-09 10:11:13

I never know.
DD was invited to one last year and I don't like going without anything, so we took the boy a bag of bugs (not wrapped or anything) and I made a pumpkin pie that I took along.
I don't think anyone else took anything and it wasn't expected.

bumpybecky Wed 07-Oct-09 10:16:25

I normally take halloween biscuits, but I bake loads and have halloween cutters! They've always been gratefully received, but aren't expected.

I did send a present for the host child one time as I thought it was her birthday. It caused much confusion!

I've been wondering the same thing. I may steal borrow the halloween biscuit idea...

NoNickname Wed 07-Oct-09 14:45:06

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I'll just take him some Halloween sweets or something small?

goingtohaveagoodnightssleep Wed 07-Oct-09 14:51:27

I am holding a Halloween party for my children and am not expecting any gifts. Biscuits would be much appreciated though!

choccyp1g Wed 07-Oct-09 14:52:46

We took a bottle of wine last year, (for the parents of course). The child host certainly wasn't expecting presents, but " I never like to go empty handed" as my mum would have said.

shouldbeironing Wed 07-Oct-09 14:53:04

We had a little Halloween kids party once - Some kids brought Halloween cakes/biscuits/little bits of tat/choc lollipops which was nice. Some just brought themselves (in costume) which was also fine.
I'd go with the sweets idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now