Talk

Advanced search

'celebrity' fancy dress ideas pls 11yr old dd & 8 yr old ds

(6 Posts)
FoJo Mon 05-Oct-09 20:39:57

Help plse, both children have been invited to a 'come as a celebrity' fancy dress party & I'm rubbush at this sort of thing! DD is tall & slim and has straight shoulder length light red hair. DS is tall, chunky with very short 'crew cut' light red hair. For dd all I can think of is the ginger one from girls aloud, in which case she;d just wear a nice dress (I suppose!). DS asked if he could go as Craig Revel Horwood which we thought was quite funny but we cant really justify a dinner suit! (We've suggested he wears dd's pink all in one pjs and a swim cap and go as George Daws but surprisingly he's not keen!). Any ideas would be welcome! Thanks

Ewe Mon 05-Oct-09 20:42:54

Would something like Pippi Longstocking be hideously uncool for an 11yr old? I guess it probably would!

Nicola from GA isn't really identifiable though iyswim, it's not fancy dress just putting on a nice frock!

Harry Potter for DS? Or Malfoy?

FoJo Mon 05-Oct-09 20:54:39

Yes I know what you mean about Nicola not being fancy dress (or particularly identifiable!) however the other girls I've heard of so far are going as people like Lady Gaga, AMy WInehouse etc etc. God I hate fancy dress especially as they get older!

Katz Mon 05-Oct-09 20:57:56

would geri haliwell be uncool? in her spice girls days?

Could you check charity shops for a tux, i know i picked one up for DH from one when we were students for £5.

Ewe Mon 05-Oct-09 21:05:25

What about Bree from desp housewives? Just stick an apron on her.

Or Isla Fisher as Confessions of a Shopaholic girl? Just a pretty/kooky outfit and lots of shopping bags.

Harry Potter/Ron/Malfoy for DS?

FoJo Tue 06-Oct-09 17:36:01

Ooh, Isla Fisher, thats a good one thanks Ewe. Have to say I'm quite fancying the idea of ds in a 'dinner suit' and may have a look in charity shops as you say. The Gerri Halliwell idea is also a good one, we could try and cobble together a union jack dress!

Thank you so much everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now