Talk

Advanced search

Help! 11yo ds birthday- 25 boys- what can I do in Somerset?????

(9 Posts)
Poppity Sun 04-Oct-09 20:51:38

My ds recently moved schools, so this year he would like all his old and new friends to come to his party, this will make around 25.

I need ideas for something to do with all these boys!

It will be November, so can't be something too heavily relying on the weather, sadly.

It can't be too pricey, we'll never afford it with so many. Something where you aren't paying per person would be ideal, but all of those sort of things(that I have managed to find anyway!) seemed to be aimed at younger children.

We are in the Taunton area.

Any advice gratefully received!!

Poppity Sun 04-Oct-09 21:47:24

Bump

cat64 Sun 04-Oct-09 21:56:22

Message withdrawn

tillykins Sun 04-Oct-09 22:00:02

25 x 11 year old boys.....
shudder

I suggest you lock them in the garden and go to the pub!

Could you do paintballing? Don't you get discounts for group bookings?

or could you hire a church room or similar and have a delayed halloween / messy party?

do games like bobbing for apples, or digging a marshmallow out of squirty cream, with your teeth. Who can hold a handstand the longest etc

Poppity Sun 04-Oct-09 22:13:35

We looked at paintball and those kind of things, but the cheapest I have found it would still be £200, and that's without food.

I like the hall idea, but am struggling with ways of making it cooooool enough if you catch my driftgrin
Halloween might do it, I'll ask him in the morning....

My favourite is the lock them in the garden and go to the pub idea. By a long shot. No idea why I agreed to this, feeling guilty at the time no doubt!

ABitWrong Sun 04-Oct-09 22:33:28

Run them up and down Glastonbury Tor.

West Somerset Railway might do a special deal for a party? Not sure howexciting that still isat 11 though. Tea on the train then run on the beach?

Merrylegs Sun 04-Oct-09 22:44:09

Do you have a sports hall or a gym nearby? Local college or Uni? Often they do multi sports parties where they put kids into teams and do a mix of things like footie, dodgeball other ball and team games and charge for the party rather than per child. Or a swimming pool that has party sessions in the evening? (for eg, you can hire our local pool from 6.30 in the evening and they put inflatables etc in the pool.)

Poppity Sun 04-Oct-09 22:59:19

Thanks for your suggestions, I did try the train one, but we used to go on the train a lot when he was little(you can get half price tickets if you live nearish a station)- so much so that they knew him by name and we spent a few afternoons in the signal room(box?) at Williton! He was big on trains when he was little, and as such he now sees it as the ultimate in babyish.

Glastonbury tor, 25 boys, 3 adults just scares me frankly. Actually, 25 boys 3 adults scares me anyway. I need grown ups!!!

Poppity Sun 04-Oct-09 23:03:09

oh I like the gym idea Merrylegs, I'll look into that, thanks.

Pool has just closed down unfortunately. They are selling the land to pay to build another one in 3 years time!!!! Don't get me started on that one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now