Talk

Advanced search

Birthday party for 12 yr old DD - advice needed!

(4 Posts)
Summersoon Sun 04-Oct-09 18:46:11

Hello! My daughter's 12th birthday is coming up soon and I am wondering how to arrange a suitable party for her.

She has just started at a secondary school and was the only girl from her primary school to go there. She has already made a few friends, although obviously these friendships will shift about a good deal over the coming year.
She is still in touch with at least one girl from her primary class and with her former best friend who is a year ahead of her in yet another school (who she is still in touch with and likes but doesn't see very often anymore).

She would like to have a sleepover party.

I have two questions:

1. Would it be feasible to mix these girls - have, say 3-4 from her new class, 1 or 2 from her old primary plus the former best friend - or would this make for too disjointed a group? (I think mixing might just possibly be ok for an activity party but not a sleepover??)

2. Could anyone give me any ideas as to what to do for entertainment? Go out for a movie followed by pizza? A meal in a restaurant - I liked the idea on another thread of the girls going by themselves - though I suspect that DH and I would prefer to hover discreetly at another table instead of going away and coming back? Any other ideas?

I would be very grateful for comments!

liliputlady Sun 04-Oct-09 20:42:44

A few hairdressers and beauticians here do pamper parties with light refreshments. We also have a scout centre that organises adventure parties (rock climbing etc). Bowling always seems to go well too.

liliputlady Sun 04-Oct-09 20:43:56

And almost forgot - pottery painting if you have a studio near you.

Summersoon Sun 04-Oct-09 20:50:59

Thank you Liliputlady! No pottery studio near us I am afraid. There is a very good craft place but we had her party there last year so may want to try something different.

More views welcomed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now