Talk

Advanced search

Family party at home - plastic glasses?

(10 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Sat 03-Oct-09 08:49:38

Am having my 40th birthday party at home (god help me) with about 20 adults and 30+ children (and some large shoe horns, probably...)

Bearing in mind it's going to be a squeeze and there will be small children haring around I was wondering if plastic glasses would be a good idea or if they are just too, too horrid?

Also any other tips for making it run smoothly and giving everyone a good time would be greatly appreciated!

Claire2301 Sat 03-Oct-09 23:55:40

We had a family party recently of the same size and hired glasses from sainsbury's. Free to hire. £1 a glass if damaged.

minko Sun 04-Oct-09 00:08:12

Plastic glasses would be icky. Agree with hiring idea. And Waitrose do good party catering. Gawd, I sound so middle class now...

alexfs Mon 05-Oct-09 22:32:25

Just got to Ikea and buy a whole load of cheap glasses! Plastic just too tacky!

LowLevelWhingeing Mon 05-Oct-09 22:37:58

yeah, cheapy glasses are nicer. When we've hosted or been to these kind of things, I find people would rather use glass tumblers for wine rather than the plastic wine glasses. The plastic ones also fall over easier which is bad if there's red wine drinking. And breakages are really rare.

thehouseofmirth Tue 06-Oct-09 08:16:37

Good plan. So do you think tumblers would be OK?

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 06-Oct-09 08:20:40

Noooooooooooo! I hate drinking wine out of tumblers! Plus, if you're lucky you're not careful, you end up drinking way too much from a tumbler.

Go to Majestic and buy your drinks there, and they do free glass hire.

LowLevelWhingeing Tue 06-Oct-09 08:56:42

Sorry, my (not very well put) point was that folk will opt for glass over plastic given the choice.

Free glass hire sound like a good deal!

thehouseofmirth Tue 06-Oct-09 09:32:17

Sorry, it's me. I'm not well & my brain's not working. Will not be ' tumblers!

LittleMakers Sun 25-Oct-09 12:10:06

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now