Talk

Advanced search

pony themed party games help needed

(7 Posts)
mummydoc Wed 30-Sep-09 10:40:13

my dd2 is having her 5th birthday next week, she is pony mad and so we are theming it around ponies. so far :

pony shaped biscuits to decorate - lots of icing , sparkles etc
pass the pony shaped parcel ( will do this twice)
a relay team game on hobby horses over very small jumps
musical stables ( will draw stable doors on card and put down in leiu of chairs)
musical pony statues
sleeping ponies
horse shoe corners ( have drawn 4 horse shoes and painted them different colours and put in each corner, when music stops have to go to corner , a colour is shouted out and if you are in that corner you are out)
Musical dressing up ( have got bag of riding stuff - hats crops, false tails, ears etc, when music stops choose something out of bag ,keep gogin until all dressing up gone then have a fashion parade)

can anyone think of anything else ????

liliputlady Wed 30-Sep-09 13:36:20

You sound very well organised.
Pin the tail on the pony.
Name the pony competition (if you can get a cuddly one as a prize)
Horseshoe Hunt (like Easter egg hunt but with cut-out horsehoes - may be you can buy them as those table-sprinkle things for weddings)
Have a lovely time!

mummydoc Wed 30-Sep-09 15:02:01

ohh love name the pny competition fab idea

Geocentric Wed 30-Sep-09 15:03:37

It all sounds lovely!!!! smile

TheMightyToosh Wed 30-Sep-09 15:04:50

Oh that's gorgeous - you are making such a lovely party for your DD!

I can't think of anything, looks like you have loads already, but what a lucky DD you have! She will LOVE it! grin

TheMightyToosh Wed 30-Sep-09 15:11:27

Ok just thought of something - are you doing party bags to take home? Not sure how £££ they are, but you could get them each a little My Little Pony to take home (the baby ones are only a couple of quid I think).

Then they'd all have one each, like a pony party gang!

Oh to be 5 again LOL

MrsBadger Wed 30-Sep-09 15:28:51

that will be plenty!

if one goes down particularly well just play it again

NB once you have all the dressing-up stuff and the hobby horses out and they have had tea you may find they are happy to race around shrieking playing without any more organised gmaes. And that is fine too smile

do not spend too much on party bags - see if you can track down pony-themed versions of the usual tat - pencils, stickers etc

have you a good cake?

if not then cheat - make an oblong sponge in a baking tray (or 2 and stack with jam), ice green and decorate with models

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now