Talk

Advanced search

2yr old birthday party

(8 Posts)
AbbyTabby Wed 23-Sep-09 22:20:20

Planning a birthday party at home for 2yr old daughter and wondering about few things

1) best time for party? morning or late afternoon?
2) length of party?
3) whether an entertainer at this age is unnecessary?
4) whether I actually need to plan games or I can just let them all play with toys and each other? (thats a serious question!)
4) what the heck I do if it rains and they can't all play out in the garden (party is in November)

There will be about 16 kids from 18 months to 5 years, plus all their parents and a few really tiny ones (2mths to 1 yr)....

Am I just insane to even think about doing this at home and trying to have a party that works for parents as well as kids?

hf128219 Wed 23-Sep-09 22:25:15

Afternoon tea at 4pm. Cheese, Cucumber, Smoked Salmon Sandwiches, Victoria Sponge, Scones, Jam and Clotted Cream. Orange Juice, Pots of Tea and Champagne.

2 hours.

No need for an entertainer.

Let them play.

Bring wellies/raincoats!

Drusilla Wed 23-Sep-09 22:27:29

Can I be blunt and say I think you are insane for having a birthday party for a 2 year old full stop grin

hf128219 Wed 23-Sep-09 22:29:11

Oh Drusilla - you know it's a good idea. Honestly... grin

Tommy Wed 23-Sep-09 22:29:23

invite your friends and their children round for coffee and a play - and have a birthday cake.

That's all you need for a second birthday party IME smile

Drusilla Wed 23-Sep-09 22:31:37

16 kids in my house, all under 5? Not even if you paid me! grin

ja9 Wed 23-Sep-09 22:31:38

i'd say morning - many 2 yr olds are still napping at various times of the av. 1.5hrs max. then the food can cover 'lunch'.

mostly free play but maybe pass the parcel, hokey cokey / other action songs.

i'd say no to entertainer - too young... do you have space for a bouncy castle?

alternatively i'd invite mummies and little ones for coffee and cake late av - 3:30pm. Don't put an end time on - make it sound just like a coffee date.

ja9 Wed 23-Sep-09 22:32:52

what about a local community centre / church hall and hire a bouncy castle. have some baby toys and mats out... just let them play and give parents coffee / wine to sit about...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now