Talk

Advanced search

Adult party bags (for 55 year old, not adult as in euphemism for sex)

(13 Posts)
yellowflowers Tue 22-Sep-09 12:18:03

Hi,
I am making party bags for my stepdads 55th bday. There will be 80 guests and I can't afford too much money. I am getting coloured paper bags and putting in some sweets from the 1960s from aquarterof.com and a balloon. Any idea for something else I can put in?

Thanks

stuffy2 Tue 22-Sep-09 12:39:46

what about streamers, party poppers or blowouts?
http://www.partydelights.co.uk/product_detail.asp?ProductID=BLOWPINK

A slice of cake?

MamaG Tue 22-Sep-09 12:41:32

2 paracetamol (snip the foil holder thing into twos) with a note attached "for the morning after"

yellowflowers Tue 22-Sep-09 12:51:32

Will check out that site studdy2 - thank you

MamaG - that would be great for one of my parties. alas my parents and their friends not really drinkers (and it is an afternoon party),

yellowflowers Tue 22-Sep-09 12:57:05

sorry stuffy not studdy!

serinBrightside Fri 25-Sep-09 23:01:35

Conkers on strings and sachets of ovaltine.

CristinaTheAstonishing Fri 25-Sep-09 23:05:10

Party bags for adults? That's a new one to me.

YouCantTeuchThis Fri 25-Sep-09 23:10:28

That's the problem with party bags - as soon as you have a fair number to provide even the cheap shit to bulk it out sends costs soaring...

Anyway, maybe one for the future if you already have bags/sweets - a cd with a selection of songs from year of birth (including No1 on day born), cd labels mucho cheapness and easy enough to design (with photo or just name of birthday person) and some cheap sleeves (paper with colourful printed labels will suffice).

I have done this a couple of times and it works out around £1.50 per person smile

serinBrightside Fri 25-Sep-09 23:12:40

Fab idea Teuch. Will nick that one myself.

lizziemun Sat 26-Sep-09 10:49:10

what about sweets from your dad childhood.

They are expensive but you could get a few boxes and split them down into smaller boxes/bags.

morningpaper Sat 26-Sep-09 10:56:42

How much time have you got?

Vistaprint do free postcards - you could put a nice thank-you card with pictures and a personal message in each one

Try poundland for old-fasioned toys - cheap marbles, jacks - I bought 8 small errrm WTF are they called, those springs that climb down stairs? - 8 for a quid in poundland!

Poundland again for a large bags of traditional Cadbury's chocolate bars

A sachet of Horlicks?

Have a look in Ebay under "Wholesale"

Hawkins Bazaar might do something suitable - you need to look for bags of stuff.

M&S often do posh sweets which are individually wrapped, such as those Italisn almond biscuit things, which are nice

BALLOONS, got to have balloons

Ebay is good for a box of those polystyrene glider planes - they are traditional and you could get 40 for a fiver or so

Big packs of bubbles are dead cheap and everyone loves bubbles

big bags of gold choccy coins - you can split these

Search on Ebay for 'party bags' and you'll get lots of suggestions too

morningpaper Sat 26-Sep-09 10:57:18

SLINKIES that's the word I was looking for...

yellowflowers Mon 12-Oct-09 18:13:57

Thanks for all those ideas. I love the sweets one from when he was little and just got some from aquarterof.com. Love the cd idea too - am going to look into that. Also the glider planes - fab idea. Thanks so much everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now