Talk

Advanced search

party dilemma!

(7 Posts)
preciouslillywhite Sun 20-Sep-09 10:40:50

Me and dp are racking our brains on this one,so thought I'd consult the mn oracle...

My dds (yr 1) have been invited to a party for two boys in their class. I'm guessing the whole class is going, but not sure. They (the two boys) have already had their birthdays, and on the invite it says "you don't have to bring presents" (my emphasis not theirs!)

We're sort of thinking it means "just bring yourselves" but we are also thinking of the episode of "Curb" where Ben Stiller says exactly the same on his birthday invite and only Larry and Cheryl don't bring anything grin

WWYD?

CybilLiberty Sun 20-Sep-09 10:42:07

TBH I'd probably just spend the tenner and be done with it and get presents.

bigstripeytiger Sun 20-Sep-09 10:43:01

I would still take presents. Maybe something small, or a book or craft things rather than something huge (in case they have said that because they are worried about having too many toys in the house smile)

preciouslillywhite Sun 20-Sep-09 11:00:48

Ta for that Cybil and stripey...

anyone else?

What about putting a tenner in the card? They might be saying "no presents" because they haven't got room for them

(that's what I'd mean, if I put "no presents", at any rate- our house is tiny. Don't know about the party boys, though)

preciouslillywhite Sun 20-Sep-09 11:06:11

shameless bump

...party in couple of hours and as usual have left it till last minute blush

nappyaddict Sun 20-Sep-09 11:49:48

I would get something small like a book or something crafty like paints, pens, stickers, stencils etc.

preciouslillywhite Sun 20-Sep-09 11:52:31

thanks nappy- dp out doing the same right now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now