Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for my 7 year old dd

(5 Posts)
bunjies Thu 17-Sep-09 16:08:03

I know this sounds awful but I'm having trouble thinking of interesting presents for my soon-to-be 7 year old dd blush.

I don't know whether it's because we live in France and so she doesn't really get much in the way of tv advertising or peer group pressure but she hasn't expressed a desire for anything specific other than a cd player as she loves listening to music. So, this will be her main present and I have bought a couple of cds from ebay to keep costs down. She will also be inheriting her brother's old game boy so I've got her a game for that (also ebay) and she will be able to play his old games too.

She's quite arty and has an aquabead set that I thought I could get some more beads for as well as some ink for her princess stamp set and a refill for her sticker maker.

The other thing she needs are some new slippers so she'll be getting those as well.

So the total so far is:

new cd player & couple of cds
old gameboy & games
aquabead & sticker maker refills
ink for stamps
slippers

Can you give me some ideas of some other stuff I could get. I've also been asked to get her something from her gps and aunty so I'm even more stuck.

I got her a load of books recently so she's pretty sorted for those and I don't want to get her anymore clothes as she's got plenty already.

Any ideas?

emmcar Thu 17-Sep-09 16:52:25

Klutz do an excellent range of arty stuff, both my girls 6 + 8 year old love the
Paper Fashion sets.

bunjies Thu 17-Sep-09 16:56:15

Where do you get them from emmcar? I'm going to the Bluewater shopping centre this weekend in the hope of some inspiration.

emmcar Thu 17-Sep-09 21:07:28

Waterstones usually have some Klutz goodies or a good art store. If you have time then amazon has good selection. Happy shopping at
Bluewater.

bunjies Fri 18-Sep-09 09:46:14

Cheers. To be honest huge shopping centres don't usually do it for me but I haven't got the time to do anything else. At least I can have a nice lunch there as they've just opened a branch of Leon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now