Talk

Advanced search

Party games for 8yos, please

(9 Posts)
PrettyCandles Tue 15-Sep-09 11:47:30

Ds1 is having a sleepover 9th birthday party. 6 or 7 children, including 6yo dd. The twist is that the sleepover will be in a tent in our back garden. So we need games that can be played in the tent and are not scarey.

I don't want to do any run-around-outside-the-tent games because tent plus guylines practically fill the lawn, and I can just see someone tripping over...

Ds is adamant he doesn't want a pass the parcel, not even with sweets and forfeits between the layers. The only other game I can think of is the chocolate game (roll dice, get a 6, put on daft costume and eat chocolate bar cube by cube with knife and fork).

I think they will be too few to do relay games. Are they too young to appreciate the lying in a circle with heads on each others tummies and doing their best not to laugh game?

Any other suggestions?

ramonaquimby Tue 15-Sep-09 11:52:35

what about getting toilet rolls and they have to wrap each other up as mummies? prizes for the best one?

PrettyCandles Tue 15-Sep-09 11:58:48

Fantastic! Costco here I come.

Only, will they then start trying to spook each other? Most of them have never slept over before, let alone in a tent, so I want to try and avoid any nightmares. STill, that's a really good wacky idea, I'm sure we can use it.

PrettyCandles Tue 15-Sep-09 19:05:16

Any more ideas?

piscesmoon Tue 15-Sep-09 19:18:44

I would suggest that you look at the Scout Association web site-they have games for all occasions hereLook for the cub ones.

liliputlady Thu 17-Sep-09 11:01:28

A circle game called "the camping trip". The leader tells the children they can come on a camping trip if they suggest the right piece of equipment to bring. The leader starts with his suggestion. If he's called Tom he will always say things beginning with "t" - tent, toilet roll, tortoise anything goes that begins with a t. The children have to say what they would bring and of course usually they say camping things that don't start with the first letter of their name and leader tells them they can't come. When they eventually cotton on and say a word that begins with the first letter of their name they are allowed on the imaginary trip. Sounds really complicated but it isn't and they love it!

PrettyCandles Sun 20-Sep-09 20:49:39

Scouting website - very good idea. Now why didn't that occur to us, considering that ds is a Cub, and dh is training to be a Leader!?

Ds has decided that he does want pass-the-parcel with a mix of forfeits and sweets. So any suggestions of forfeits suitable for 8yos? One at least will of course be 'kiss the person on your left'! grin

Wendyhendy1 Mon 21-Sep-09 13:45:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Wendyhendy1 Mon 21-Sep-09 13:47:55

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now