Talk

Advanced search

Asking parents to stay

(8 Posts)
Curlylox Fri 11-Sep-09 11:59:34

Having a party for DD birthday and plan to invite the class. My only concern is there is a boy with behavioural problems who can be quite aggressive with his peers. So if he does attend the party I would prefer/want his parents to stay, how do I approach them about that in a nice but direct way????

Curlylox Fri 11-Sep-09 12:44:26

Anyone??

Or else me thinks I'm officially a thread killer wink

annh Fri 11-Sep-09 12:53:33

What age are the children?

Curlylox Fri 11-Sep-09 12:58:17

DD turning 5, reception class.

Scootergrrrl Fri 11-Sep-09 12:59:13

Do you just want his parents to stay or all of them?

pagwatch Fri 11-Sep-09 12:59:32

How old are the children and do the parents accept/recognise the childs issues?

If the parents are open aboutthe childs difficulties and are open about his having some kind of diagnosis then you could approach them and ask " the party will obviously be noisy and stimulating for X - what do you normally do to help him in this kind of enviroment. We will understand if you wish to stay to be on hand to help him should he need it. Is there anything else we can do to help?"

If they are in denial or private or you don't know them well enough then that is more tricky.

(my son has asd. i would never let him go anywhere unattended as while he is not the slightest bit aggressive, the whole situation may be too much for him to cope with)

Curlylox Fri 11-Sep-09 13:34:53

pagwatch no don't know them well at all, the dc have only just started school. Scootergrrrl I would like some of the parents to stay but in particular I would want this boy's parents to stay.

Scootergrrrl Fri 11-Sep-09 13:39:08

Perhaps you could put a note in some of the invites, including this little boy's, saying refreshments will be provided for parents who are able to stay. Or maybe ask the class teacher's opinion? He or she will probably have some ideas about how to approach it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now