Talk

Advanced search

MILs 60th Birthday, is this too much?? SOrry long one

(4 Posts)
bargainhuntingbetty Tue 08-Sep-09 16:30:19

Hi

It is my MIL's 60th birthday in 4 weeks. She is going completely OTT about being 60 and has been for years, she cannot wait till she is 60 hmm.

Anyway... it started off she was taking us all to Rome for the weekend, then she was taking us away for a pamper and golf weekend, now she is taking us out for dinner as her money has been dramatically reduced.

So....SIL and I feel bad about this so we are planning a few surprises. We are having a pamper night where there will be a surprise manacurist coming.

Then on the Sat afternoon (before the meal) we are going to invite some surprise people to the house and do cake and banners and balloons etc.

Then at dinner we are going to present her with her gift which is a big family photo which we are having done at the weekend. We are also making up a this is your life kind of album to present to her during her surprise gathering.

Do you think this will do?? Is it too much?? All MIL likes is Family and food, she literally has nothing else in her life.

What do you think?>

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 08-Sep-09 16:34:35

I should add that this is me and SIL who are organising this.

oopsadaisyangel Tue 08-Sep-09 16:39:57

I think that sounds like a lovely idea and she'll be touched but the trouble you have all gone to. smile

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 08-Sep-09 16:44:13

THat is what we are hoping. I am just not sure if the pamper thing on the friday and the gathering on the saturday will be too much, then dinner. Will I be too stressed to enjoy dinner??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now