Talk

Advanced search

need gifts related to names - HELP!!!!

(13 Posts)
sphil Mon 07-Sep-09 11:37:01

My parents golden wedding anniversary is coming up - we have bought them some wine which is called after DS1 and DS2. We then thought it would be a good idea if we could try to get them a 'named' gift from each of their grandchildren - but we're having real problems finding things. So I thought people on here might be able to help. The names we need are: Dan(iel), Chloe, Harry, Jack, Jake.
Plants, more wine, edible products - anything really, as it's more of a humourous present than anything.
Thanks - I think the combined brainpower of MN might work better on this one than my tiny enfeebled one...

choccyp1g Mon 07-Sep-09 11:40:03

You will probably be able to find plants, especially roses and clematis with some of the names. Will keep thinking for you.

inspiration ! Jack Daniels whisky !

twinklytoes Mon 07-Sep-09 12:54:31

desperate dan poster

when harry met sally on dvd

chloe perfume

those rum truffles made by dancakes

MadreInglese Mon 07-Sep-09 13:04:35

daniel merryweather cd

chloe plant

something harry potter?

Jack Daniels is a good one, or jack plant

jake phipps furniture - no prices though, eek!

I'm sure you can get personalised gifts like champagne bottles with names on, or what about posh chocolate or cake with names on?

sphil Mon 07-Sep-09 23:03:59

You're all brilliant - that giftaplant site is great! The furniture is probably beyond our means though - any other ideas for Jake?

MadreInglese Wed 09-Sep-09 09:10:18

a Jake Gyllenhall dvd?

or a book by an author called Jake (must be something on amazon)

PandaG Wed 09-Sep-09 09:13:57

birthday cake with Jake from the Tweenies on?

Jacques cider (bit tenuous!)

liliputlady Wed 09-Sep-09 22:05:21

Chloe perfume

liliputlady Wed 09-Sep-09 22:06:46

Sorry last suggestion not great for a couple! It's been a long day...

PortAndLemon Wed 09-Sep-09 22:10:06

Jake The Peg single?

sphil Thu 10-Sep-09 22:17:56

Ooh yes, I like the idea of Jake the Peg - though not sure my sil will as he's her PFBgrin

PortAndLemon Fri 11-Sep-09 17:10:37

Jake books by Nick Butterworth.

sphil Sun 13-Sep-09 18:46:53

Right - we've got a Chloe rose, a Daniel Deronda clematis, a Jack Frost brunnera - just need harry and Jake now!Thanks for all the help so far - my sister is v grateful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now