Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for party entertainer for 6 year olds?(Oxford)

(8 Posts)
VinoEsmeralda Thu 03-Sep-09 12:23:28

Thinking of getting a party entertainer this year as might not be there (dads very ill)and as DC have just started new school/moved house thought party must go ahead whatever..

Magician type (illusions,fire eating would be a big bonus) would be great or something sciency?

Budget up to £180

Anyone have any recommendations, would be most grateful!

twinklytoes Thu 03-Sep-09 19:45:49

sir nit wit - not had but he quoted £110 for one hour and £210 for two hours (and does magic whilst they eat). based in bicester.

fred in the shed - dan is a family friend and comes highly recommended. there's several positive postings from Reading mums if you want to search the archives. based in reading and does travel to oxford.

VinoEsmeralda Thu 03-Sep-09 20:15:23

brillaint Twinklytoes! Many many thanks, will go and read up and book hall tomorrow and then hopefully entertainer shortly after!

VinoEsmeralda Thu 03-Sep-09 20:19:20

Twinklytoes - Dan/fred looks really what DS would love,emailing him now to see whats what.

Do you have rough ideas about prices?

twinklytoes Thu 03-Sep-09 20:46:51

you'll be looking at top end budget but if you can do a straight from school, term time on a tues or wed then you'll be more able to negotiate as these are quieter times and means he can still book an evening somewhere else.

VinoEsmeralda Thu 03-Sep-09 21:00:58

Emailed him and got a response back. He cant do the dates I am after (only 5-7pm which is no good for us) and suggested after school which is not convenient as it will mean a lot of his friends wont be able to make it (afterschool club due to working parants).

Will bookmark him for next year and be more organised! many thanks

twinklytoes Thu 03-Sep-09 21:07:58

thats a shame. check for next year now - he'll be taking bookings already.

purplesal Mon 14-Sep-09 23:22:16

Are you sorted? I run teddy bear making parties in Oxford and around (not just teddy bears, there are other animals available too). Contact me if you would like more information.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now