Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CD that runs party for you??

(5 Posts)
purpleprincess Wed 02-Sep-09 17:12:56

I have heard that you can get a CD that more or less runs the party for you including games and music but basic search online just keeps bringing up party music CDs. Anyone know of this or know what it is called?

Would it be suitable for 5 year olds?

DD is 5 soon and don't want to do the big party at local sports centre like last year due to expense and the ridiculous amount of presents that are usually received (and not played with!) so thinking of doing something at home but not very good at this sort of thing so need some help!

Thanks in advance

twinklytoes Wed 02-Sep-09 20:29:24

we've got disney princess party dvd that supposed to run a party, bought it from play.com

purpleprincess Thu 03-Sep-09 20:32:08

That sounds good - thanks - have looked it up but no reviews from anyone yet. have you actually used yours yet or watched it??

Thanks

SingleMum01 Thu 03-Sep-09 20:48:31

I have 'Let's Have a Party' - not sure where I got it from as we've had it a couple of years but it has Simon Says, Hokey Cokey, Musical Bumps, pass the Parcel, Musical Statues, a Jungle Game (I like this one!) and ends with Happy Birthday, plus it has other dancing songs between. I would recommend it my boy still likes it.

twinklytoes Thu 03-Sep-09 21:04:34

ELC used to have that one singlemum

pp - no not as a party. dds just watch it. I ended up using this for ideas aswell as all the party websites and changed traditional games into princess related ones

i.e. musical thrones, ballroom bumps; pin the glass slipper on cinderella; whats the time prince charming;

made crowns (buy templates from baker ross)

during food stick on dds favourite disney princess movie.

and above keep party to 1 1/2hrs and have volunteers to help - someone to lay out activities and do food whilst you lead party at the minimum,

My usual plan is
first 10-15mins run around garden, wait for everyone arrive
next 15mins - craft activity - crowns and name bags (if needed)
30mins of games and dancing (use songs from disney)
20mins for food
5mins for cake and singing
5mins for putting cake in party bags
Home time.
(oh we don't open pressies as part of party, if you would do this then suggest make up to a 2hr party)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now