Talk

Advanced search

Science Party

(10 Posts)
Tas1 Tue 01-Sep-09 21:12:05

Hi

My daughter will be 7 in December and she has asked to have a Science Party.

Has anyone held one?
Can you recommend anyone?

We live in West Kent.

Thanks smile

stealthsquiggle Tue 08-Sep-09 12:24:38

You need to track down Katz and ask her for her notes on science parties (for DIY)

For non-DIY, google 'mad scientist parties' or something along those lines - I found lots of people in our area (not Kent) but am too mean to pay them so I am going the DIY route for DS.

PandaG Tue 08-Sep-09 12:27:43

we did a DIY party for DS, and used quite a lot of Katz's ideas. Total cost £60 for 8 children, and one day's worth of preparation, plus shopping.

kids loved it, as did we!

shivermetimbers Tue 08-Sep-09 12:30:03

Nephew had one, was great fun, kids loved it.

Katz Tue 08-Sep-09 12:33:55

hello!

my reputation precedes me!

email me on katzmumsnet @ yahoo.co.uk and i will happily send you all the info on the party i did for dd1 last year.

stealthsquiggle Fri 11-Sep-09 10:12:38

Katz (or others) - can I pick your brains a bit further, please? I have yet to decide details on DS's party, but have lots of ideas (yours and others) about the activities/experiments, and the invitations (invite printed with bubbles, rolled up in a (plastic) test tube), and even the cake (if my friend can source dry ice wink) but am drawing a blank on ideas for room decoration, party bags, decoration for cupcakes/biscuits.

Any suggestions?

(OK, I am going OTT, I know, but this is probably the last 'whole class' party I will do for DS and I want it to be a good one!)

PandaG Fri 11-Sep-09 12:02:31

party bags I did were just what they made at the party:

- fizzing eyeballs (bath bombs they felt tipped to look like eyeballs)
- slime in a plastic lidded pot - pots from Sainsburys

- lava lamp (glass jar, oil, water alka seltzer and food colouring)

plus chocs and cake

stealthsquiggle Fri 11-Sep-09 12:05:41

Thanks Panda. It sounds like I need to decide the experiments/activities and reckon that party bags will come from that.

stealthsquiggle Fri 11-Sep-09 12:12:37

Do you think I would be ostracised for ever if I put this in party bags grin?

BrigitBigKnickers Fri 11-Sep-09 12:21:00

If you want to get someone in to do it then you could try Mad Science.

My DD is having one of these in a few weeks but we have had them to our school and they are brill. Not cheap though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now