Talk

Advanced search

Does this sound like a good sleepover party for an 8yo?

(11 Posts)
chicaguapa Wed 26-Aug-09 21:59:59

DD is desperate to have a sleepover so I said she could have a little one for her 8th. After looking at other threads on here I have put together a plan...

3 friends (so no odd numbers)
Pick them all up after school on Friday
Go to Pizza Express for tea
Home, then a play on Wii Carnival with 4 remotes (this bit was stipulated by DD)
Then to bed in the super kingsize bed (2 singles put together) in our spare room with sleeping bags (brought by guests)
Watch a DVD in bed with popcorn - followed by messing around, giggling and not going to sleep when told to
To be collected by parents in the morning after breakfast at about 10am

Does that sound okay? I was wondering whether to put together a little party pack for each girl, either for the sleepover or to take home? DD isn't into make-up, hair etc. Nor HSM or Hannah Montana so it's difficult to theme. Any suggestions?

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 26-Aug-09 22:07:46

That would be the sleepover from heaven for any of my DDs. Wouldn't worry about theme but maybe a few party games - DD1 had a sleepover for her 12th birthday and to my surprise insisted on pass the parcel, musical statues etc and none of them were too sophisticated to play!

Hulababy Wed 26-Aug-09 22:14:50

DD is 7y and would love this.

chicaguapa Wed 26-Aug-09 22:16:11

Maybe they could play on the Wii before Pizza Express then and we could play some party games before they put their pjs on for bed.

Would really love to put together a party pack as I enjoy doing things like that. But not sure what I could do if I'm not putting in make up and pamper stuff...

tattycoram Wed 26-Aug-09 22:17:38

What about stationery? A little notebook and some scented rubbers and stickers. I bet they'd like that

Fruitysunshine Wed 26-Aug-09 22:18:36

My 8yr old would love this!

chicaguapa Wed 26-Aug-09 22:23:09

I have put the plan together with DD's help so I know she would love it. I'm hoping it will be okay and the novelty of them all being together will be enough to fill the time without having to plan every minute detail.

One of the girls hasn't been to the house before so I'm going to invite her for tea beforev then so I can meet her mum/dad and they feel comfortable with her sleeping over.

Stationery sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

chicaguapa Wed 26-Aug-09 22:48:01

How about a pair of slippers or slipper socks, with a toothbrush, a little notebook and some stickers? I could give it to them when they go to bed and it's something to take home too?

janeite Wed 26-Aug-09 22:50:58

When we did a Pyjama Party for dd2 at a similar agae to your dd, instead of party bags I bought cheap china mugs and filled them with sachets of hot chocolate and a small bag of marshmallows and a cute spoon, then wrapped them in cellophane with ribbons.

chicaguapa Wed 26-Aug-09 23:05:10

Oooo! That's a good idea. I like that.

emmcar Wed 26-Aug-09 23:22:19

Sounds good, just what my 8 year old would love. How about a disposable camera for each girl to record the evenings fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now