Talk

Advanced search

foodboxes or paper plates etc etc

(6 Posts)
Carameli Sun 23-Aug-09 17:40:00

planning party for 30 6yr olds, arrrgggg.
would you do food boxes or paper plates scenario???

twinklytoes Sun 23-Aug-09 18:02:12

to avoid wasting food go for foodboxes, easy to distribute and can be taken home if they don't finish. would serve drinks seperately and probably the cakes / choc biscuits

Carameli Sun 23-Aug-09 18:03:50

yes was thinking of doing lots and lots of fairy cakes, birthday cake to go home with.

Would you go with juice cartons in the boxes or drink from cups etc

can you tell its my first time with a party this size!!

MrsBadger Sun 23-Aug-09 18:31:33

food boxes def, but I would put a juice carton and choc biscuit in each one and then just cut the birthday cake to take home

they are not really interested in eating anyway

I quote from a fabulous (and accurate) 1970s children's party book I inherited from my mum:
'All suggestions given for party food for the under-fives still apply [eg cocktail sausages, popcorn, crisps, tiny sandwiches, gingerbread men].
'The five-to-eights will take more interest in the food - not much, but some - with even greater emphasis on the savouries. Sweet things are liable to end up on the floor. The birthday cake is still the star of the show, but don't count on the children to eat more than a mouthful: this crowd wants large quantities of crisps and fizzy drinks and wants above all to be allowed to make a noise.

MrsBadger Sun 23-Aug-09 18:34:27

oh and for cheap boxes you need these - you can put a name on each one if you like, or just draw a symbol (star, heart, smiley face, animals etc - use stencils) in marker pen.

sinat54 Fri 28-Aug-09 15:49:26

i usually just buy any old plates as find the themed ones too expensive -and question whether the kids really pay much attention anyway!!???
However...this year for my DS2 4th birthday have splurged and bought food trays, I am going to do chick nuggets/burger/chips this year. The food trays have 3 little compartments, one for the drink. Hoping by doing it like this will mean less time prepping food and kids eating more!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now