Talk

Advanced search

party entertainer recommendations-twickenham.

(13 Posts)
whizz Thu 20-Aug-09 20:08:06

Can anybody recommend an entertainer/face painter/magician in the Twickenham area for a group of 5 year olds, mainly boys??
Not needed until ds 5th birthday near Xmas but am trying to plan ahead for a change!

whizz Mon 31-Aug-09 19:46:07

nobody at all?????

overweightnoverdrawn Mon 31-Aug-09 20:00:43

we have used one called Jolly Dolly she was fab and local to you .

FritesMenthe Tue 01-Sep-09 23:07:28

jelly kelly

whizz Wed 02-Sep-09 20:10:20

thank you, will take a look at both.

lexipip Sun 13-Sep-09 23:02:51

Came across the above recommendation for 'jolly-dolly' whilst searching for childrens party entertainers in Richmond. We booked her for a party of 24 4/5 year olds (boys and girls). She was great! She engaged every child and also remembered every name. The only problem was, she was so good that all the parents stayed instead of just dropping. We ended up doing a mass okay-kokay of about 50 people at the end. Most importantly, the children had a brilliant time. Great recommendation.

thehouseofmirth Mon 14-Sep-09 14:57:09

Used dantastic dantasticproductions.com for DS's 4th birthday in July. He was fantastic.

snackattack Mon 14-Sep-09 15:27:42

Oooh yes - brilliant guy is Gilbert Giggles. Well loved in Twickenham, Richmond etc (google him, he's lovely!). SO good for our daughter's 5th birthday last year - the kids still talk about him!

hatwoman Mon 14-Sep-09 15:31:18

Gilbert Giggles definitely. tonnes better than jelly kelly imo.

hatwoman Mon 14-Sep-09 15:31:46

(he's also oddly fanciable)

snackattack Mon 14-Sep-09 15:34:12

Yes, I agree hatwoman!! All the mums were quietly lusting grin

hatwoman Mon 14-Sep-09 16:29:31

they were wasting their time. he's MINE grin

maniacbug Wed 23-Sep-09 21:51:45

Ooh, am doing a spot of early research for DS's 5th b'day in same area and stumbled across this thread... will be checking out Gilbert, but just wanted to second the recommendation re. Jolly Dolly, we went to a party 'entertained' by her a couple of weeks ago and was v. pleasantly surprised (the concept of children's party entertainer usually fills me with dread) - I was SO impressed that she remembered every single child's name (inc. younger siblings), and the okey-kokey finale was a great way to end. Might have a quiet word beforehand asking her to limit the liberal handout of sweets, though... (or is that just me being a killjoy?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now