Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Joint party - what to do about presents?

(6 Posts)
Chrysanthemum5 Wed 19-Aug-09 15:51:38

DC1 will be 5 in September, and his birthday is two days after his best friend, who will be in the same school class. So, the boys are having a joint party, and inviting their whole class. They are both really excited about this! The issue of presents has come up, and the other mum has suggested asking guests to only bring one gift and we'll just split the presents between the boys. I think that's fine, but I don't know how to word it on invites. I don't want people to feel they have to bring a gift (although I know they all will). Any brilliant ideas>

TooMuchCaffeine Wed 19-Aug-09 15:59:12

I posted on this a few weeks ago. The etiquette seems to be that for joint parties the invitee brings a present for the child with whom he/she is friends. How will you split the presents fairly? Best to leave the guests to bring presents for the children as they please IMO.

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 16:00:08

At our school, you bring two presents.

Chrysanthemum5 Wed 19-Aug-09 16:04:50

Really two gifts? DC1 has only been to one joint party, and I didn't read the invite properly so thought it was for just one child and only took a gift for her. Maybe that's why the other mum doesn't talk to me

The class will have a few children from their nursery class, and they seem to know them equally. The other children in the class neither child really knows yet so we figured just dividing the presents 50:50 would be best?

Maybe I just won't say anything on the invite and leave it up to the children and their parents!

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 16:14:52

Ds is having a joint party this year, the other mum wouldn't hear of them only having 1 present.

PuppyMonkey Wed 19-Aug-09 16:17:49

Ooh round here you'd be flamed if you turned up with only one present for a joint party. wink What if you are friends with both boys? I only buy cheapo stuff though, so doesn't bother me too much. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now