Talk

Advanced search

movie party -- what movie would you show

(13 Posts)
Page62 Tue 18-Aug-09 15:04:42

we are doing a movie party for my 6 year old and we have the opportunity to choose the movie to show. i would be grateful for suggestions -- it would be a mix of boys and girls, mostly 6, but probably a handful of 4 year olds too.

i was thinking monsters inc., or maybe one of the winnie the pooh ones (tigger movie, heffalump etc).

Curiousmama Tue 18-Aug-09 15:08:31

Can it be current? What about the guinea pig one...G force??

branflake81 Tue 18-Aug-09 15:09:14

Nanny McPhee?

Ice Age?

Walle?

Page62 Tue 18-Aug-09 15:16:09

oh yes, it can be current -- i just want to choose one that the children and parents really like -- one that is not too scary as well. It just needs to be available in DVD as we are providing it.....

more ideas will be welcome. Thanks so much for suggestions so far

Curiousmama Tue 18-Aug-09 15:20:37

Ahhh guinea pig one is still on movies.

DS2 says about the Thomas movie or Shrek 2? He's 8 smile

Curiousmama Tue 18-Aug-09 15:21:13

I mean ds2 says what about the Thomas movie or Shrek 2 <pah!>

muggglewump Tue 18-Aug-09 15:24:22

DD's 7, she says Toy Story or Finding Nemo.

I love Nemo.

Page62 Tue 18-Aug-09 15:25:17

oh you guys, this is great. some primary responders too!

bigchris Tue 18-Aug-09 15:26:03

presumably the parents won't stay?
or at least be in nother room?
both bioys and girls will be ahrd to cater for
boys that age will want Ben 10, dunno what girls will want, probably HSM?

Page62 Tue 18-Aug-09 15:35:53

yes, the cinema can fit 24 people so a bit more for kids (the seats are more like armchairs). outside the cinema is the bar/restaurant area where parents who wish to stay can, and have lunch (if they want to) and where we will do the birthday cakes after the movie.
we will be providing the kids their lunch box for the movies so they can eat it in the cinema....
my DD watched a bit of HSM recently and she asked me to change it as she thinks it's for older children so i do think they will still be too young for it. her class is equal boys and girls (and her best friend is a boy) so i do need a movie that will cater to both..........

Page62 Tue 18-Aug-09 15:37:08

just to clarify, the bar/restaurant is outside the door of the cinema -- but is in the same building -- so we can leave the kids in the cinema alone and just pop in and out to see they are all ok

Hobnobfanatic Fri 21-Aug-09 00:10:59

Don't go for G-Force, whatever you do. It's the ONLY film that my movie-loving DD has loathed. It's APPALLING. NO redeeming features at all±!

Rachmumoftwo Fri 21-Aug-09 00:29:01

Alvin and the Chipmonks is good. Or I think I would go for an older film, as most children get to see the recent ones. I got my DDs Ferngully last week, which they loved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now